Add support for multiable context

Hello All, Is there a way add control to one user (admin of a dept) to manage his or her dept? I would like to add a dept with there own context and allow them to add extensions, build IVR, manage dials, inbound and outbound routing. Like a Virtual Server for each dept.

Thanks, David

I think if you switch over to database authentication, you will find that the new “Administation” module provides exactly this functionality. You’ll just need to edit your /etc/amportal.conf to turn on this feature.

I changed AUTHTYPE to database. But if I give userA control to outbound routes and userB they can change each others routes. I would think that the Department Name would be the new context for that group and only allow changes to that Department…

Hi i set authtype=database but i could not log back in to add new administrators.

can anyone help

Freepbx only supports one context (from-internal) for what you are trying to do. Although you can put different extensions in other contexts, you can’t configure the routes and other stuff for those extensions from the gui.

p

Thats to bad. That would open new doors if we had control over mulitable contexts…

David

it’s on the roadmap. Not full multi-tenant, but more support for different contexts of users (departments, classes of users, etc.)

p