Ability to re-record an announcement from an external phone

We have recently went live with FreePBX 13.0.194.5 with Asterisk 13.19.1. This is a huge leap for us from Asterisk Business Edition 1.4
We use this system for phone trees, queues and voicemail only. No end devices.
We had through some original code the ability to use one extension to record an announcement on a second extension which would then play to users when called from our PBX.
I’m unsure how to re-invent this service under the current version. I see that feature codes can be used to access an announcement but how would you use the feature code from a remote pbx?
Has anyone done this?
Thank you for your input.
Carol

If you don’t have an objection, post the code here and @dickson (or one of the other coding geniuses) should be able to “translate” it from 1.4 to 15…

I, am just finishing a little web tool to move voicemail recordings to the Custom folder.
But I have a feeling you could do it internally in Freepbx with the right scripting.

Hv.

We have created an inbound route to an ivr which has a hidden feature code to allow the dept to modify the recording as needed.

This was part of our extensions_custom.conf under the old system. One mailbox was the announcement, the other was used to record the announcement.

[custom-record-ann]
exten => 6810,1,Wait(2)
exten => 6810,2,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/user-anouncements/6810)
exten => 6810,3,Wait(2)
exten => 6810,4,Hangup

exten => 6820,1,Wait(2)
exten => 6820,2,Authenticate(2183)
exten => 6820,3,Playback(vm-intro)
exten => 6820,4,Record(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/user-anouncements/6810.wav)
exten => 6820,5,Wait(2)
exten => 6820,6,Playback(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/custom/user-anouncements/6810)
exten => 6820,7,Wait(2)
exten => 6820,8,Hangup

Carol

I don’t actually see anything in there that wouldn’t work just like that. There are a few tweaks that could be added, but I’m pretty sure this would work as is.

OK - thanks. With such a big leap in versions of asterisk I wasn’t sure if this would still apply and did not try moving it across.