Aastra XML update last night

After the update to the XML Scripts that went through last night, it cleaned out the aastra-xml user from manager_custom.conf and removed all my profile settings from /var/www/html/aastra/config/asterisk.conf. Should this have happened? Is there a way I can prevent it not have that happen in the future. I’m on distro 1.88.210.57-1.

no the way the packages work is they repkace all the files sorry not much we can do to stop that

Ok, thank you. If you don’t mind me asking, how do you guys handle this at schmooze?

We handle this through our module. We do not use the stock XML apps from Aastra. We have re-written and added to them and built a module in our GUI that manages all of it and writes it all to the database just like normal FreePBX settings. Basically a advanced End Point manager that supports over 90 different devices last time I counted.

I see, any chance those will be published as a module, or commercial module?

Maybe someday but not anytime soon as it will probably take FreePBX 2.11 before we get all the core changes from our commercial PBX into FreePBX to make all of our modules work. We took the easy commercial modules for now but they are lots of other ones that just wont work at this time on stock FreePBX.

baby steps

If the files in question are properly flagged as config files in rpm though, should there not be .rpmnew and/or .rpmsave copies generated automatically (.rpmnew if the user’s config has been left in place, or .rpmsave if the user’s config has been replaced)?

Like this… (http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2003-December/msg04713.html)