Aastra XML Scripts and backup/restore

I’d like to know what I need to backup on my current running system so that I can upgrade the FreePbx distro from v1.818.210.58-1 to v2.210.62.

I’ve got an open question on how to do the backup/restore correctly in another post. In this post I’d like to concentrate on the Aastra scripts/files that need to be saved so that they can be restored on the new server.

Things that I think should be backed up:

/tftpboot/*.cfg These are the current config files for the phones that are configured/connected to the current system. I would also backup any firmware files that differ from what is installed from the aastra-xml-scripts.

/var/cache/aastra/* Backup all the files in this directory as they are needed/used with the current .cfg files from /tftpboot.

/var/www/html/aastra/asterisk/*.prf Save any custom .prf files you have created.

/var/www/html/aastra/config/asterisk.conf This file has your extension to .prf file mapping information.

What I thought that I’d do was:
Install the new distro, run yum install aastra-xml-scripts, run /var/www/html/ aastra/scripts/setup-xml and answer the necessary config questions. Then put the above saved files back to where they belong, giving them the necessary ownership (chown asterisk:asterisk *).

Are there any other files/directories I should backup? Any changes to my procedure that need to be made? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Jay

just backing up and restoring

/tftpboot
/var/www/html/aastra
/var/cache/aastra
/etc/init.d/aastra-daemon*

is all you need, If you change the IP/HOSTNAME of the machine after the restore process is complete.

sed -i ‘/OLDIP/NEWIP/g’ /tftpboot/aastra.cfg

(IWFM)

If you do as dicko suggests you will also need to run the commands:

chkconfig --add aastra-daemon1
&
chkconfig --add aastra-daemon2

This will ensure that the startup and shutdown for the Aastra daemons are setup correctly when the system starts up in run levels 3,4,&5. To check just do:

chkconfig --list aastra-daemon1
aastra-daemon1 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off
chkconfig --list aastra-daemon2
aastra-daemon1 0:off 1:off 2:off 3:on 4:on 5:on 6:off

You can then see that both daemons are set to start at run level 3,4,5.