Aastra 9133i With Asterisk

I am very new to Asterisks, so I’m hoping that what I am looking for is very basic. I have setup Asterisk with FreePBX, my question is how can Asterisk recognize individual phones? Under host, should I put the IP address of the phone? On the phone setup, I set the IP address of the Asterisk server as the registrar server also setting the port to the default of Asterisk, 5060. Maybe I am expecting the wrong outcome, but my assumption was that if setup properly the phone should display the name an extension that I had adding in FreePBX. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-I am using SIP as the protocol

Basic Setup, you build upon this…
First:Restore To Factory Defaults
Second:Remove Local Configuration Settings
Third:Restart Phone
Then…

1. Insure firmware is up to date
    2.Network setup:
    you may use:
    a. DHCP
    b. insure you have a good DNS address
    c.time server may be time.nist.gov
    2.SIP Settings
    a. Phone Number:845 (your extension number)
    b. Proxy Server:pbx.ip.add.res
    c. Proxy Port :5060
    d. Registrar Server:pbx.ip.add.res
    e. Registrar Port:5060
    f. Authentication Name:845 (your extension number)
    g.Password:*** (your extension password “secret”)

Assuming no firewall issues in an internal network environment
and a default asterisk configuration, and of course,
FreePBX in use (a public announcement)

I would suggest working with the config file templates right from the get go. They have all the info needed all set up for you. All you have to do is replace the IP and ext./password. You do not have to setup ports as they already default to 5060.

The phones are designed to be set up with config files first and foremost so that is always the best way IMHO even if you only have one or two phones. Then create a MAC.cfg for individual phone settings which is usually just the ext./password. If your DHCP server can be configured for TFTP option 66 to point to your TFTP server (usually your Asterisk box) then your done. Otherwise you have to first setup the TFTP IP directly on the phone so it can go out and find the config files the first time it boots.

Sorry… I have now got it working via a factory reset and using the config below. I hope this helps someone else.

My problem was that I tried too many things before realizing our firewall appliance was blocking all traffic… silly me!

dndkey value: 0
date format: 7
dhcp: 0
ip: 10.44.13.71
default gateway: 10.44.13.230
dns1: 10.44.13.76
sip auth name: 222
sip password: new456
sip user name: 222
sip screen name: Paul
sip proxy ip: 10.44.13.70
sip registrar ip: 10.44.13.70
sip line4 forward mode:
sip line4 ring number: 0
sip line5 forward mode:
sip line5 ring number: 0
sip line6 forward mode:
sip line6 ring number: 0
sip line7 forward mode:
sip line7 ring number: 0
sip line8 forward mode:
sip line8 ring number: 0
sip line9 forward mode:

You haven’t told us what you tried. Are you trying to setup from Aastra Web Interface?

If so then post the config that the web page generates, an option exists in the troubleshooting page to dump the local config. Use the [code][/code] tags so we can read it.

but I’m having trouble setting up a demo system using an Aastra 9133i phone.

My asterisk test is fine with a softphone. Not really wanting to set up a config server for this - just want to get a handset connected to prove that asterisk will work… when we set up the othe 65 handsets then I’ll have a config server.

So - what’s wrong… no matter what I try I get No Service - no debug from aterisk cli so it looks like it may not even be getting that far…

No firewall on the test asterisk server (and the softphone can connect).

I have the test server IP in the registrar and proxy fields under the Global SIP. The rest of the phone is set to the factory defaults.

I have tried everything I can think of… does anyone have any ideas that might get me out of this hole?

Many thanks

I seem to be having similar trouble. I have tried to connect an aastra 9133i but it says “network disconnected” I have installed xml scripts and during that I noticed my phones are on firmware 1.4.1 I have restored them to factory settings and put the ip of my pbx in every possible option and tried to restart it. I now am guessing that its a problem with the old firmware I tried something I read to reboot phone into web recovery but I must have done something wrong. So now I have one phone in web recovery at : my.pbx.ip and i cant get it out of that. I am a complete noob and need help. I dont know how to edit tftp boot folders ect. so please give me a quick explaination of steps to take if you need me to give you more info from my system. thank you

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I don’t think you are going to be able to acquire the IP telephony, networking and Linux skills to get this all resolved.

The fact you “put your IP in every possible option” indicates that you are not using any type of process to fix this.

My advice is to hire a qualified voice tech to resolve this for you. In a few hours they can have you back on track.

I don’t mean to be disrespectful but I don’t think you are going to be able to acquire the IP telephony, networking and Linux skills to get this all resolved.

The fact you “put your IP in every possible option” indicates that you are not using any type of process to fix this.

My advice is to hire a qualified voice tech to resolve this for you. In a few hours they can have you back on track.

Keep in mind that if the phone can’t reach any of the programmed services (that includes every line key, DNS, NTP etc) it is going to give an error.

If you go to Phone status/Network status on the phone what does it say? These are very basic troubleshooting steps.

Phone status Network 1 IP 0.0.O.0 no link
Network 2 IP 0.0.0.0 Link active

this is the one phone I can use, the other is currently stuck in web recovery

Thank you for responding, Yes I don’t know what process to take but ive been searching for ways and having issues. Appreciate your help

http://help.fonality.com/IP_Phones/Aastra/Web_Recovery_Mode_-_Aastra_phones

You’ll have to have a TFTP server with all the 9133i.st file on it.

BF

I was trying to do that, but the phone displays my freepbx ip not a unique IP? can i get freepbx to push the firmware update? So now I have one phone that displays web recovery, and my freepbx IP and another that says Network disconnected. How to I put the 9133i.st file on the server? I installed the end point manager for freepbx and tried to enable the firmware but nothing changed.

You have the cable in the wrong connector on the phone.

I have never seen that error. Do you have DHCP Running? You have to enable the tftp server on FrePBX

I went through the aastra scripts installation and i believe tftp set up was involved in that. I created aastra cfg also. Could it be a firmware issue, i notice that the firmware the scripts call for is a newer version then the 1.4.1 that is currently installed?