Aastra 6739i SoftKeys and Speed Dial

Hello,

I’m trying to add some speed dials for cell numbers and I’m not understanding what’s wrong. Currently the Soft Keys configured work fine (I have 10). I wanted to add a few keys for speed dialing cell numbers.

Current Setup:
Soft Key 1 DND
Soft Key 2 Park
Soft Key 3 - 6 are BLF/Xfer for direct pickup of parked calls
Soft Key 7 - 10 are BLF for user extensions

Soft Key 11 -13 I wanted to have Speed Dial with the a label and cell number for value.

I’m not sure if Speed Dial is what I should be using as softkey because when the phone boots only the first speed dial appears with an error about it not being able to display. However, it does dial the number so I’m not sure why the other softkeys do not display.

Thank you,

I’ve figured out what is causing the problem but not why. I have 13 Soft Keys configured with 11, 12 and 13 Speed Dial Xfer to external cell numbers. I boot the phone but do not see the all the softkeys configured and when I access the phone from a browser I see the Type: for Soft Key 6, 7, 11, 12 and 13 is not set. From the (phone) browser I hit the drop down, choose Speed Dial Xfer or BLF etc. and the keys are visible and work.

Even though the Soft Key type is picked from the EPM, it is not being selected when I publish. Has anyone seen this?

Thanks,

I’m having the same troubles with the bottom soft keys. I can’t save speed dial 777 and speed dial *97 and XML code for Present. and none of them work.
Distro version 6.12.65-13 Aastra 6867i phones

Yes if I log into the phone the data is in the form, the the type needs to be changed. Changed the type and saved and it works. Checking the bin file against the server.cfg from the phone to see why this is an issue.
but the mac.cfg and the working server.cfg files look that same.
I’ve been looking at this so long now I can’t find it. If the EPM mac.cfg file and the server.cfg file from the phone match why doesn’t the mac.cfg work?

from working phone server.cfg
softkey 1 and 2 works

softkey1 type: "dnd"
softkey1 label: "DND"
softkey1 value: ""
softkey1 line: ""
softkey1 states: "idle connected incoming outgoing busy "
softkey2 type: "speeddial"
softkey2 label: "Vmail"
softkey2 value: "*97"
softkey2 line: ""
softkey2 states: ""
softkey3 type: "speeddial"
softkey3 label: "Paging"
softkey3 value: "777"
softkey3 line: ""
softkey3 states: “”

From EPM created MAC.cfg.
Softkey 1 works and 2 doesn’t work

softkey1 type: "dnd"
softkey1 label: "DND"
softkey1 value: ""
softkey1 line: ""
softkey1 states: "idle connected incoming outgoing busy "
softkey2 type: "speeddial"
softkey2 label: "Vmail"
softkey2 value: "*97"
softkey2 line: ""
softkey2 states: ""
softkey3 type: "speeddial"
softkey3 label: "Paging"
softkey3 value: "777"
softkey3 line: ""
softkey3 states: “”

I’m going all bug eye looking a this. Anyone else also have this issue?

Update.
I took the system.cfg from the phone with all the buttons working. I saved it as the mac.cfg to the tftp folder. Defaulted the phone and forced it to load the cfg file. Same issues. The software on the phone is broken and not EPM. I’m using firmware 3.3.1.7098

OK - New update, The system.cfg file is not the one to copy. Need to try again.
Defaulted the phone. Used phone GUI to program just like my EPM template. Saved the local.cfg file from the phone and saved it to tftp server with name mac.cfg Defaulted the phone and then had the phone pull the cfg files from the trtp site. Phone works with all the buttons as programmed. This must be wit the EPM file format.

I reported the bug http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-7774 and was told it’s not reproducible and the report was closed instantly. I only have Aastra phones in one remote location which is why I purchased the commercial module. Since the phone is in another city at a place of business my debug abilities are limited.