FreePBX Version: 15.0.17.55
Asterisk Version: 16.17.0

300+ extensions
14 Queues
300+ Users
2 Conferences (never used)

Module Signature Checking is disabled.
Use Google Distribution Network for js downloads is set to Yes

Any suggestions on decreasing reload time?

Only advice I can give you is to remove modules that you don’t need. I’ve seen an increase in reload times for v15, so just depends on hardware and installed modules.

Thanks you for your reply.

I Uninstalled 6 unused modules with no change in behavior.

Run htop and make sure you aren’t using swap space

fwconsole chown
fwconsole r -verbose - verbose output. Not sure if that will help you or not.

lscpu - review specs. Do you need more resources?

Are modules up to date? I’ve had servers where an update to framework and core sped things up.

My apologies for the delayed reply. I missed the notification somehow.

We are using swap space (1.84GB/3.87GB).

Resources are fine.

Modules are up to date.

How’s your speed when you’re not using swap?

Forgive me, but I haven’t set any configuration settings to use swap, so I’m not sure why we are seeing usage. Our newest FPBX installation (ver16) isn’t using any swap.

I wouldn’t modify the settings as they are. It’s biting into swap, most likely due to memory allocation. I’m not an expert on the topic, but you’ll definitely get into swap space if you don’t have enough RAM. Try clearing it out so your swap usage shows 0 via htop. Then try again. Swap usage = you’re using disk when you ought to be using RAM.

swapoff -a
swapon -a

1 Like

A well dimension-ed machine doesn’t ever NEED swap space
An under dimension-ed machine without swapspace might well have a kernel OOM crash under load.
Understand the load and when it happens, asterisk when not transcoding or recording does not write to disk, when it is recording or transcoding or doing cron stuff it might.

Install sysstat and logwatch and keep an eye on them to see when your machine might be low resourced.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.