20 Trunk Registration

Hi guys,
I currently have a server with 20 individual trunk registration to a asterisk service provider.

Occasionally the trunk will just freeze at “Auth sent” when it tries to re-authenticate with the provider every 5 mins.

Is there another way to authenticate all 20 trunk with just 1 trunk configuration?

this is a sample of my trunk settings

Outgoing

host=provider
username=xxxx
secret=xxxx
type=peer
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes
insecure=port,invite

Incoming

secret=xxx
type=friend
context=from-sip-external
disallow=all
allow=g729
qualify=yes
host=provider
insecure=port,invite

well in any event I would not use from-sip-external for the context.

Beyond that, it’s dependent on the provider and what they support.

With SIPSTATION you could have 100 trunks and 1000 DIDs and you only need 1 registration. (Though our module sets up 2 for redundancy…).

how can i just do 1 registration, is there any example? I can control the provider as well because it’s a sister company that provide the DID.

hover over the tooltip, it shows the format and is nothing more than what would be to the right of the Asterisk “register=” statement.

You could also stagger the re-registration intervals. Using “prime number” of minutes as the intervals set, for example, 9, 11, 17, 23, etc. Will ensure a continuing spread of (very rarely colliding) re-registrations.

/S

how do i set the re-registration interval? i’m sorry if i’m sound newbie-ish, but I have just been on this for a short while… took over someone’s work… so I’m pretty lost here…

I also have access to the asterisk CLI on the provider side, and i realised that whenever 1 DID make a call out, it will “flood” the provider asterisk with alot of warning and notice… i quote it below…

WARNING[3747]: chan_sip.c:11877 check_auth: username mismatch, have , digest has
NOTICE[3747]: chan_sip.c:19067 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate device “xxxxxxx2769” sip:[email protected]:1149;tag=as35c3e83b

WARNING[3747]: chan_sip.c:11877 check_auth: username mismatch, have , digest has
NOTICE[3747]: chan_sip.c:19067 handle_request_invite: Failed to authenticate device “xxxxxxx2769” sip:[email protected]:1149;tag=as39baff94

In this case, DID number xxxxxxx769 is making a call, this warning and error will show up 19 times(minus it’s own because it’s authenticated properly), checking through ALL the DID number that exist in the freepbx box.

the number exist on the freepbx DID trunk are:
xxxxxxx769
xxxxxxx768
xxxxxxx767
xxxxxxx766
xxxxxxx765
xxxxxxx764
xxxxxxx763 etc etc etc.

I am guessing this is because all the individual DID trunk registration are registered on port 5060… But i’m not exactly sure… and I don’t think this is good for the asterisk server.

Am I missing out something? or the previous setup was wrong? Can someone show me the right way please? Thanks alot!

anyone can help me out here please…