2 IP-PBX fail to send DID information to the other server

I have a Freepbx server (server A) sitting in my main office on a data T1. This is my main server and handles the extensions in the office and all the call routing. I then have an annex office with DSL and another Freepbx server 9server B) for those phones. I have things working where Server A has a trunk to my VOIP Service Provider. I then have an extension on Server A and a trunk configured on Server B to register to that extension on Server A. Now any DIDs that should go to Server B route through and the phones on Server B ring. My problem is that DID does not work because the DID information coming from Server A is “s”.
How do I get the DID information to pass through so DID works on Server B like it does on Server A?

All help is very appreciated.

-Adam

a DID of s being sent over means that on the sending side it could not find a match for the specific DID and used the “s” part of the dialplan.

From the book Asterisk The Future of Telephony 2nd Edition “When calls enter a context without a specific destination extension (for example, a ringing FXO line), they are passed to the s extension. (The s stands for “start,” as this is where a call will start if no extension information was passed with the call.)”

So if you create a dislplan that deals with those DID’s and then send it to that trunk it will apss the correct information.

I understand, I think, and if in straight asterisk I would do something in the extensions.conf that grabs the DID variable from the originating trunk and pass that through to the extension, right?

I am using Freepbx and the way it modifies and split files how could I make that modification either in the gui or in the files so I won’t loose it every time I reload?

Can you share an example?

-Adam

Take a look at the comments at the top of the extensions.conf file and it will tell you.

If you are running the latest 2.4 or newer you’ll see a note referring you to a specific page that explains it all…

;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
; Do NOT edit this file as it is auto-generated by FreePBX. All modifications to ;
; this file must be done via the web gui. There are alternative files to make    ;
; custom modifications, details at: http://freepbx.org/configuration_files       ;
;--------------------------------------------------------------------------------;
;

That page has all the answers and more…