2.9 Version Upgrade Module, Beta Program Status, More

I updated 6 systems and for the most part there arent much bugs but there is a ton of great new features even in existing modules like queues.

A big thanks.

As for campon I havent gotten it to work (I didnt install the patch but I dont think thats the problem).

I dial a number on the system it rings and no answer goes to vm.
I dial *82 (am I supposed to append something to that?) and it just disconnects.

BTW is possible to use it on a sip trunk ?

with Camp-On you need to make sure the extension is configured properly.

If it just hangs up, it’s probably a combination of the extension not being configured to allow it, or it’s too late since you made the call, and the lack of one of the patches which makes CallCompletionRequest() simply die if there is nothing pending it could complete on.

Feel free to come over to the IRC if you still can’t get it to work, I’m usually on #freepbx-dev and we can determine what isn’t setup right. Even without any of the patches, you should be able to get it to work.

ok i found the problem
i have to gointo each extension and submit

[p_lindheimer] That, or you can go to the Advanced Settings tab and switch the mode so that all the extensions use the default values, however, you still have to enable the ability on each extension. (You might want to put in a ticket suggesting that we have them enabled by default…)

I just tried to upgrade from 2.8 to the Beta on Asterisk 1.6. I uploaded the upgrade module and went to the upgrade tab and was in the process of upgrading the framework module. The orange screen opened and some processing occurred and then it just stalled. After 10 minutes, I rebooted. Can no longer access FreePBX but Asterisk is running.

kenn10,

I would be glad to have a look at your system if you want to contact me privately.

The the two likely issues are either bad settings such as inadequate memory configured in PHP, or of course a bug. If it’s a bug there are a few places that may show what is going on. The /var/log/httpd/error_log is always a good place to check. There may also be some logs written depending on how far it got, possibly under /tmp or some other possibilities we would have to check for.

I was experimenting with the Wakeup Module and now get:

exit: 255
Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:18:43 -0400 - Failed to login.
PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function func_exists() on a non-object in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf on line 535

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

when I click the orange bar.

Have uninstalled Wakeup but it is still the same.

It seems I have done something foolish and have broken something, any help to overcome would be appreciated.

T

you are not getting a proper manager connection for some reason.

You can add the following code which will probably confirm the issue:

Index: retrieve_conf
===================================================================
--- retrieve_conf	(revision 11579)
+++ retrieve_conf	(working copy)
@@ -6,6 +6,11 @@
 if (!@include_once(getenv('FREEPBX_CONF') ? getenv('FREEPBX_CONF') : '/etc/freepbx.conf')) {
 	include_once('/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf');
 }
+
+if (!$bootstrap_settings['astman_connected']) {
+  fatal(sprintf(_("Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from %s, aborting"),__FILE__));
+}
+
 $freepbx_conf =& freepbx_conf::create();

class connectdirs {

Sorry folks,

the upgrade hanging was my bad from something that slipped in there late yesterday. It has been fixed so the newest framework upgrade should not have an issue.

I have upgraded 4 systems. All has gone fairly smoothly. The only hiccups I had were one of the systems upgrading with the source package had a couple password problems I worked around, it was probably something on my end. The other was a new system that I went straight to 2.9 and then tried to change my manager and database passwords the same way I normally have. That broke FreePBX. I put them back to the defaults and all came back up, but haven’t had time yet to go back and see why things broke. The others have been upgraded with the module and everything has gone fine. My biggest yippee so far is on the parking lot being able to have it ring back to the one who sent it to park.

Socs28,

if you need to change manager credentials then you should do that in the Advanced Settings Tab. You can find that on the tools bar or through a link in General Settings.

Think of that page as the new amportal.conf file (which it is). If a setting is particularly volatile, then we will have made it read-only. You need to set that page to allow read-only settings to be overwritten and then you can change it.

If you need to change the database user/password then you do that in the freepbx.conf file. You can find that file at either /etc/freepbx.conf or /etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf depending on where it was able to write when the migration or installation happened. (You can also point to the exact file if you want to put it elsewhere, with the FREEPBX_CONF environment variable, it will also check that first and if set, it will use that as the ‘bootstrap’ file.

Thanks for the feedback, glad it is going well.