2.4 Upgrade Tool showing in Module Admin of 2.5 FreePBX

Hi I have an old trixbox system that hasn’t been updated for some time - still at trixbox 2.2.3. Asterisk is 1.2.22.

I’m wanting to upgrade to FreePBX to 2.6 so I can backup the system and migrate the config to a distro that doesn’t meddle with FreePBX.

How do I get rid of the 2.4 Upgrade Module so I can get the 2.6 Upgrade Module?

Dallas

You don’t, you first upgrade to 2.4 via the Upgrade Module, then you do the same to upgrade to 2.5 and finally upgrade to 2.6.

You have not understood my question. FreePBX is at 2.5 already but the 2.4 upgrade module is still showing in module admin.

If I try to install 2.6 upgrade tool I get the following error.

“A FreePBX version below 2.4.0 is required, you have 2.5.2”

I also get the same error if I try to install the 2.4 upgrade tool.

Uninstall the module from Module Admin.

Hmm… Please tell me how to do that? the options are ‘No Action’ and ‘Install’.

Dallas

I might have other issues effecting this… I am seeing the following error on the web page…

Warning: is_file(): Stat failed for …/recordings/index.php (errno=13 - Permission denied) in /var/www/html/admin/views/freepbx.php on line 10

The ownership of the files in /usr/src/freepbx/amp_conf/htdocs/recordings/ was set to root:root. I changed it to 505:users but there was no change.

Dallas

Files in /usr are not related to your running FreePBX, those files resides in /var/www/html. All files in that directory and below should be owned by asterisk:asterisk.

You can set these by running “amportal stop”, then “amportal chown” and “amportal start”.

To uninstall the Version Upgrade module you delete the directory “versionupgrade” that are in /var/www/html/admin/modules

When you then go to Module Admin you have one broken module, then you can uninstall.

That has cleared the old upgrade module. and I am now upgrading to 2.6.
Thanks again for your help.

Dallas