13 to 14 upgrade causes very strange issues and is unusable

Have a FreePBX 13.0.197.22 built on the distro to which I have tried a few times to upgrade to 14 using the instructions found at https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PPS/Upgrading+from+FreePBX+10.13.66+to+SNG7

When the upgrade was complete, it appeared to be fine. When the business opened people were unable to login to the queues, inbound calls would fail. I had seen in CLI messages something like from-queue not found in context … Outbound calls could not be made.

I had to recreate a FreePBX 13 VM and then run a restore from our FTP server to get the calls working again.

At this point unsure of what would change config files like extensions_additional.conf during the upgrade or, changing other files that might cause this.

Perhaps someone else has run into the same issue and knows what the cause is.
Thanks.

Is there a reason you didn’t try to upgrade to 15 instead? Backup and restore functionality improvements were a big part of the 15 release and so you might have better luck there.

Matthew Fredrickson

Hi, just used the backup script found at the URL mentioned above.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.