*11 User Logon "An Error Has Occurred"?

I switched my FreePBX setup to use user and groups a while back since we have lots sales guys who are in and out of the office all the time. I especially like being able to sit at any desk I want and simply logging into our Aastra phones to get all my calls at that desk. One thing I have noticed is when you dial *11 to logon if you begin dialing your extension immediately you always get “an error has occurred” message. Now if you wait till one second after “extension” is announced the logon will be successful. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, if you mash the buttons while entering the extension or password you’ll get this error too. I guess this app doesn’t like two DTMF tones overlapping? Lastly, every time I’m playing with Asterisk, say reloading the config after a few changes, the users who where logged on while doing this don’t get their calls ringing though to their phones. A simple log out and logon fixes this but if you try to just logon again the system says “goodbye” like it would if you where already logged into that phone. Any ides on why this happens too?

A.J.

as far as the error message, it would help to have a clip of the CLI output when that is happening to review and see if there is an issue that can be addressed.

As far as the reload issue, do you have DYNAMICHINTS=yes set along with the execincludes=yes in asterisk.conf and running 2.5?

I’m running FreePBX 2.4.1.2 here on a PBX In A Flash 1.1 distro. My asterisk.conf fallows:
[directories]
astetcdir => /etc/asterisk
astmoddir => /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
astvarlibdir => /var/lib/asterisk
astagidir => /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
astspooldir => /var/spool/asterisk
astrundir => /var/run/asterisk
astlogdir => /var/log/asterisk

[options]
transmit_silence_during_record = yes

CLI:
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s, 6) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/2245-b7879120’ in macro ‘user-logon’
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s, 6) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/2245-b7879120’
– Executing [*11@from-internal:1] Macro(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “user-logon|”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:1] Set(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “DEVICETYPE=adhoc”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:2] GotoIf(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “0?s-FIXED|1”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:3] Set(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “AMPUSER=”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:4] GotoIf(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “0?gotpass”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:5] Playback(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “please-enter-your&extension”) in new stack
– <SIP/2245-b787d1d0> Playing ‘please-enter-your’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/2245-b787d1d0> Playing ‘extension’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:6] Read(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “AMPUSER|then-press-pound”) in new stack
– <SIP/2245-b787d1d0> Playing ‘then-press-pound’ (language ‘en’)
– User entered nothing.
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:7] Set(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “AMPUSERPASS=”) in new stack
– Executing [s@macro-user-logon:8] GotoIf(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “1?s-NOPASSWORD|1”) in new stack
– Goto (macro-user-logon,s-NOPASSWORD,1)
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:1] NoOp(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “This extension does not exist or no password is set”) in new stack
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:2] Playback(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “an-error-has-occured&vm-goodbye”) in new stack
– <SIP/2245-b787d1d0> Playing ‘an-error-has-occured’ (language ‘en’)
– <SIP/2245-b787d1d0> Playing ‘vm-goodbye’ (language ‘en’)
– Executing [s-NOPASSWORD@macro-user-logon:3] Hangup(“SIP/2245-b787d1d0”, “”) in new stack
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s-NOPASSWORD, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/2245-b787d1d0’ in macro ‘user-logon’
== Spawn extension (macro-user-logon, s-NOPASSWORD, 3) exited non-zero on ‘SIP/2245-b787d1d0’

A.J.

Also…

Dec 3 08:17:28 rsipbx php: /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin/user_login_out.agi[202]: Undefined variable: dialstring
Dec 3 08:19:52 rsipbx last message repeated 2 times
Dec 3 08:24:42 rsipbx last message repeated 2 times

From the logs…

A.J.

Hi,

I am not really sure how to use the User Logon (*11) feature.
What I understood is that a user can use any phone to login and use his/her own extension. Is that correct? When I see something like “fixed device” I get more confused.
When I dial *11, I get: "extension not currently available, goodbye"
When I dial *12, I get: “An error has occurred, goodbye”

Can anybody please explain more about this feature and how to use it?

Thanks,

Blaise