100% CPU load

Unless you have a need for iSymphony, then the logical solution would be that you uninstall/disable cxpanel (the underlying culprit) rather than installing what you don’t need.

We were using the FOP2 panel on our old distro. Is that where the cxpanel error is coming from on the new distro when we do the restore? I’m not sure exactly what/where the cxpanel is or what it does since it’s not something I intentionally installed unless it’s part of FOP2.

Was trying to do some of this troubleshooting during the day but I’ve just gotten more confused. I changed the IP on the new system to a different IP and set MY phone to the new IP leaving the old system running on it’s old IP so everyone else could keep working. For some reason however my phone would disconnect after a second or two when I’d do a *60 or something just to create traffic, giving me a SIP timeout and a message saying to go to https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/SIP+Retransmissions .

What confuses me even more, is someone called my extension and my phone rang. They were on a trunk connected to the old PBX and my phone was logged into the new PBX’s IP so how could their call have hit my phone? All trunks on the new system are disabled. That call went fine with no disconnect.

At that point I shut down the new machine because somehow my phone is getting traffic from both systems or packets are getting confused between the two system.

If your inbound trunks are “registering” to the server, then incoming calls will ping-pong to each active server as they register with the VSP, similarly each server will try to reconnect to a “qualiffied” extension on a schedule if the two boxes are on the same subnet then you are asking for trouble and everything will get very confused very quickly, just don’t do that.

I didn’t realize the trunks would register if they were disabled so I had the second box up and running with all the trunks disabled. Guess I can’t do that. Makes it harder to figure out why the new unit isn’t working. It seems fine until I bring it live and then it either 1) goes to 100% CPU or 2) disconnects the calls after about 3 seconds.

I’ll have to put it on a different router and see what I can learn. I hadn’t expected the upgrade from the prior distro to be this hard.

Your router is a red herring, just disable/uninstall iSymphony/cxpanel unless you actually use it, and ONLY have one server active, otherwise you will be spending hours unnecessarily chasing rabbits/fish down holes that wouldn’t exist if there was only one instance of asterisk running.

Jerry, I know you enjoy doing this on your own but you are in deep here.

I too thought you knew more Linux that this.

BTW, the switches like -d and -p on mysql are not magic, just use man mysql (or man any command) to get the instruction page for that command. Break (control C) might not get you out of that so you should also know vi basics like escape :q! (read out loud escape colon q bang)

But bottom line, why don’t you let us take care of your issue.

I’m learning but it’s often so long between using what I’ve learned that I need to refresh my memory. I need to do more of this, not less. And I’m being told things I haven’t been told before so I’m learning new things too. I used to be a DOS-head back in the day, it’s just been a while and Linux isn’t DOS so I’m learning new commands. For the most part I enjoy it as long as my system isn’t down when we’re trying to work. That’s why I’m building a second unit and keeping the working unit online until I figure this out. The -pPassword was a “duh” on my part. I knew better but entered -mypassword instead of -pmypassword
I figured out the 100%CPU load. It just has to crunch a while after doing the restore. After about 30 min. it settles down and the CPU load returns to normal. I think it just takes it that long for the SQL server to chew through everything on the restore. Of course I still have some problems as I’m still getting errors, but I’m closer than I was.
What’s throwing me is the update from the CentOS distro to the Schmooze distro. It’s not so much of an upgrade as it is a new build. When I do the restore, things seem to break so now I have a cxpanel error that won’t authenticate and calls drop after about 3 seconds.
Once it’s running, I LOVE to have full access to the system. If I move to a hosted system I’d lose that, and of course it would cost more as well and things are thin in the CD business. There’s no extra money.
Scott, you and your company have been great. I recommend you every chance I get. I may give up yet and if I do, you’ll certainly get a call.