1 to leave a message

Seems I have a bit of a problem. For instance, sales has a softphone. I set that sales calls go to a queue. I have in the queue that calls go to ring group and also the extension. Also I have an announcement that you can press 1 at anytime to leave a message. In the ring group I have the extension. Pressing 1 does not allow leaving a message when the softphone is offline. It does nothing. I have removed the extension from the ring group, then from the queue with the extension in one or the other. Still the leave a message does not work. A caller is just stuck in the queue. Is there a way to accomplish this? I cannot find it.

tk

A bit more on this. When a call comes in and selects sales with the above config and the softphone offline, I see in the asterisk logs it marks everything as unavailable and the caller is just stuck in the queue. If I send the call straight to the extension (offline softphone) they are sent straight to VM. So apparently there is a difference setting in the queue not going anywhere. Can anyone give me advice on a way for the option 1, leave a message to work from the queue when the softphone(s)/extension(s) is offline? Really need to solve this if possible.

Thanks

tk

the point of a queue is to deliver a call to a active member in the queue. So when the softphone is off line it’s not active so it will not get calls sent to it. When you code it directly to a phone if the phone is not available it will default to the VM and/or vmx options if they are defined.

Hoping there was a way around it, but guess not.

Thanks

tk

I don’t do queues, But reading the roll over help try this. If you have join empty set to yes and leave when empty set to yes and you then set the fail over location to the softphones voicemail box. That “should” work.

ah, upper case should not be a problem and we use it that way for some purposes. But it can seem like it when you come from the windows world. Linux is case sensitive so you need to enter the name EXACTLY as it is named or it will not work.

I had join empty set to yes but leave empty set to no. Setting that to yes solved it.

Thanks very much

tk