1.4 vs 1.6

I am planning a new large asterisk/freepbx implementation. Until now all of my implementations have used asterisk 1.4 and I have been very happy with the results.

I am considering 1.6 for this new installation so would like to hear feedback on how 1.6 is performing and recommendations on whether I should make the leap of faith at this time or work on the premises if its not broken don’t try to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

I’ve been using 1.6 for over a year without any problems. The biggest hurdle is learning dahdi drivers instead of zaptel. Now zaptel looks weird to me. Most add-ons have caught up to 1.6. Don’t see much difference between 1.6 and 1.4 as far as stability goes - both work fine.

stick with 1.4 unless you have a reason to run 1.6, 1.6 is a bit of a “disaster” with 3 different flavors (and especially 1.6.2…) and a lot of subtle problems that continue to creep up and we have to patch around in FreePBX.

You will find the majority of FreePBX users (by a lot) are using 1.4 still. (Last I checked I think there were over twice as many 1.4 users as 1.6, and recall 1.6 really is 3 different releases…)