What File do I edit to add a static router in the FreePBX Distro

I am not even going to go down the road this argument and I would suggest not engaging 255. If you don’t like the work of the team (that clearly Mikael is a part of) then go find another project to that you and your company can align yourself with. Perhaps they will provide an interface that “makes sense” to you.

For people that are reading this thread I believe Alan is referring to static routes as routes that point to other gateways than the default route. They are configured in the file I mentioned, per the Red Hat/CentOS documentation and the file does indeed not exist unless you need additional routes. In that case you have to create the file and populate it correctly. I will quote the Redhat documentation below for completeness to address Alan’s concern that I don’t fully answer questions.

I will also state that it is not any of our roles to provide and “solutions” for your problems. I try and offer guidance that will lead you to a road of discovery and learning. The creates independence and problem solving skills. If you rely on volunteers to support you in system administration tasks that have nothing to do with core of FreePBX you are ultimately setting yourself up to fail and be disappointed. FreePBX is about freedom and choices, not “free support” or even “free software”.

[quote=“http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/s1-networkscripts-static-routes.html”] You can also use the network/netmask directives format for route-interface files. The following is a template for the network/netmask format, with instructions following afterwards:

ADDRESS0=X.X.X.X
NETMASK0=X.X.X.X
GATEWAY0=X.X.X.X

ADDRESS0=X.X.X.X is the network number for the static route.

NETMASK0=X.X.X.X is the netmask for the network number defined with ADDRESS0=X.X.X.X.

GATEWAY0=X.X.X.X is the default gateway, or an IP address that can be used to reach ADDRESS0=X.X.X.X

The following is a sample route-eth0 file using the network/netmask directives format. The default gateway is 192.168.0.1, interface eth0. The two static routes are for the 10.10.10.0/24 and 172.16.1.0/24 networks. However, as mentioned before, this example is not necessary as the 10.10.10.0/24 and 172.16.1.0/24 networks would use the default gateway anyway:

ADDRESS0=10.10.10.0
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY0=192.168.0.1
ADDRESS1=172.16.1.0
NETMASK1=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY1=192.168.0.1

Subsequent static routes must be numbered sequentially, and must not skip any values. For example, ADDRESS0, ADDRESS1, ADDRESS2, and so on.

Below is an example of setting static routes to a different subnet, on a machine in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet. The example machine has an eth0 interface in the 192.168.0.0/24 subnet, and an eth1 interface (10.10.10.1) in the 10.10.10.0/24 subnet:

ADDRESS0=10.10.10.0
NETMASK0=255.255.255.0
GATEWAY0=10.10.10.1

DHCP should assign these settings automatically, therefore it should not be necessary to configure static routes on Red Hat Enterprise Linux servers or clients. [/quote]