Won't register Digium license

I registered for a license for the DMPA Module and received a license via email. I installed the license per the instructions, but the license does not seem to take. In Connectivity/Digium Phones, I get an error message “A valid license for res_digium_phones.so was not found”. In Digium Addons have re-run the “Add License” option several times.

I am running FreePBX 13. PBX Firmware 10.13.66-5. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi!

I was pretty sure it was that by reading your message but this confirmed it…

You are running a 64-bit distro, right?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

Yes. 64-bit.

This did not help. I had nothing in those directories to move.

:confounded:

Ok…

Let`s try another way…

What did they tell you to do in that procedure?

Was it to copy that res_digium_phones.so in a certain folder?

That 32 bit ( /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/) doesn’t actually exist by default on a 64-bit install I believe so depending on how you made that copy it’s quite possible it didn’t exist after too…

If they provided you with that res_digium_phones.so file, copy it directly to /usr/lib64/asterisk/modules/ .

If that doesn’t work, please let me know what they tell you to do to install that file…

Nick

By the way, those files exists in 32-bit and 64-bit versions, please make sure you get the right ones (ie 64-bit…)…

Nick

I am following the procedure in FreePBX 13.x under Connectivity/Digium Phones. It says to get a license from Digium. I followed the procedure to get a license, and then entered it in the menu Admin/Digium Addons. Then I go back to Connectivity/Digium Phones, and it says that I do not have a valid license. Digium does not send any files with the license key.

Thanks for any help.

Got it. I had to run the manual install procedure at http://downloads.digium.com/pub/telephony/res_digium_phone/README. The GUI did not download and configure the license for me.

The only undocumented part is that the instructions are for 32-bit installs. 64-bit installs need to have the file copied to “lib64” instead of “lib”.

Hi!

I had seen that tutorial, that’s why I mentioned needing to get the right file but when you told me about the UI I thought that the info in it was no longer current…

Anyway, I am glad this got resolved…

Have a nice day!

Nick