Version 2.11 Running out of space

We are running out of space. Disk is 95% and the asterix stopped working. How can I increase the HD space? We already cleaned some log files, but 3 days later we are in the same place.(95%) and the pbx is again down.

Are you recording calls? They are in the var/spool/asterisk/monitor/ directory.

You can get some space back temporarily by forcing a logrotate with

logrotate -fv /etc/logrotate.conf

BUT you need to find out what log files are being flooded, probably /var/log/asterisk/full but who knows

ls -lsrS /var/log/asterisk/ |tail -10

you will then need to look at the one that is growing fasterest and post

tail -20 /var/log/asterisk/(biggie)

to find files bigger than 1G

find / -mount -size +1G -ls

Thanks will try that. Is there a way to increase the size of the virtual HD, I am running the pbx as VM on esxi and the HD size is 10 GB. I have enough space and could increase the size to 30 or 40 GB but I believe linux will not recognize that increase. Any thoughts on that?

No the increased size would not be noticed and growing a mounted partition is generally a no-no , I would boot the vm with

http://www.sysresccd.org/

or some such live linux and resize the / partition, generally with gparted

Thank you for your input. I will post the result.

Please do, but until you identify what is flooding your logs you are still chasing the wind.

One solution, is to add harddrive space as you previously noted but then format it separately and mount it on /var/log/ in /etc/fstab, if you do that, then when it gets full it won’t stop asterisk, you will just now have to identify and fix the underlying problem.

‘/var/lib/mysql/asteriskcdrdb/cell.MYD’ is over 2GB. Can it be deleted?

No. And because it is probably innodb then you have some hoops to jump through . You can delete old data no longer needed but to optimize and regain the dosk space needs some research on your part to choose your best approach.

Thanks I appreciate your help.