User Panel Admin Login

I think I’m simply doing something wrong, and searching wasn’t coming up with an answer. Perhaps I wasn’t using good search terms.

After installing FreePBX distro, the initial administrator account that I created can log in with username & password to the User Panel, however any other Administrators that I’ve created can not log in to the User Panel.

The goal is to be able to allow certain restricted permission people to be able to log in to the User Panel at an administrative level for listening to call recordings for QA and Training.

I think I must have simply done something wrong, as even when I select “ALL SECTIONS”, the user isn’t being allowed to log in to the User Panel.

It’s worth noting that extension/PIN combinations are working to get individual users into their individual sections.

This is a matter of additional administrative accounts not working.

Any feedback or pointers as to what I may have missed or done wrong are appreciated.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

User Panel is completely different from the normal admin section. you can’t assign specific users to login to user panel. The user panel users are determined by voicemail users.

For what you are looking to do you should consider the Call Recording Reports Pro module, this module will allow you to assign Administrative users access to only this module to view and listen to call recordings. You can find additional details in the wiki: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FCM/Call+Recording+Reports

[quote]User Panel is completely different from the normal admin section. you can’t assign specific users to login to user panel. The user panel users are determined by voicemail users.

Schmooze Com Inc
FreePBX Dev[/quote]

That is unfortunate, as the way that the system setup happens it appears the initial administrator that you create during setup overwrites the default “admin” in the User Panel. This gives a false sense of integration, as it creates an expectation that other administrators created within FreePBX would also have access if granted the correct security permissions.

Thanks for the info guys. We’ll evaluate the commercial module as well.

I can’t find “Voicemail Users” in FreePBX 4.211.64-6 configuration menu. Please help me find it.

To listening to call recordings for QA and Training for all users, go to settings > advanced settings > Under System Setup > Define “User Portal Admin Username” and “User Portal Admin password” which should allow you to login to User Panel as the administrator.