Upgrading from FreePBX 12 to FreePBX 13

Hello, I’m having a fair few difficulties in upgrading from FreePBX 12 to FreePBX 13. I am currently running 6.12.65-31 on Asterisk 12.

I started by searching online for a guide or a Youtube video - there wasn’t one. I searched the FreePBX Wiki and couldn’t find anything. I then proceeded to upgrade FreePBX in the following way (Although I don’t know if this was the right way)

1. Check all modules are up to date within the FreePBX GUI;

2. Go to Sangoma Documentation and upgrade to x-32 in the shell, reboot the box, check for any upgrades within the FreePBX GUI;

3. Upgrade to x-100 in the shell, restart the box, check for any module updates within the FreePBX GUI.

Problem:

At this point, when I log back into the shell I get the following:

Last login: Thu Feb 25 08:09:27 2016
PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 134 from storage engine in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php on line 166
Stack trace:

1. PDOException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:166
  2. PDO->query() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:166
  3. FreePBX\Database->sql_getOne() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:113
  4. FreePBX\Database->sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/DB.class.php:235
  5. DB->sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:29
  6. sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:19
  7. modulelist->modulelist() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:12
  8. modulelist->create() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:613
  9. module_functions->getinfo() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1346
  10. _bootstrap_parse_hooks() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1321
  11. bootstrap_include_hooks() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:276
  12. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  13. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12
    PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1030 Got error 134 from storage engine in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php on line 166
    Stack trace:
  14. PDOException->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:166
  15. PDO->query() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:166
  16. FreePBX\Database->sql_getOne() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Database.class.php:113
  17. FreePBX\Database->sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/DB.class.php:235
  18. DB->sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:29
  19. sql() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:19
  20. modulelist->modulelist() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:12
  21. modulelist->create() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php:613
  22. module_functions->getinfo() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1346
  23. _bootstrap_parse_hooks() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1321
  24. bootstrap_include_hooks() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:276
  25. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  26. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12

Questions:

1. What am I doing wrong?
  2. How do it right?
  3. What do I do next to get the system bang up to date in every respect please?

I also note that the FreePBX Upgrader is a commercial module and as I cannot afford this, I do not have it :slightly_smiling:

Thank you and Kind Regards.

Hi,

What the current version of FREE PBX your system ?
cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version

if you are having 10.13.66-1
update you it via fwconsole

fwconsole ma upgradeall
fwconsole relaod

Hi Thanks for your message,

I started off on 6.12.65-31 on Asterisk 12. I went through the stages that I mentioned above before hitting the error. So I am not as far ahead as the question you are answering I think :slightly_smiling:

I’ve updated this as i’m actually on Asterisk 12 - please accept my apologies - the issue is still a problem though - I was just a little inaccurate in the problem description :slightly_smiling:

Cool. Nice to here that.

I just updated a testing distro from 12 to 13 & a kind of similar error took place. i updated everything via
fwconsole ma upgradeall & re-installed the asterisk via asterisk-version-switch (I’m using asterisk 11).
Everything works fine. give it a try if that could help you too.

The license is commercial but it’s free. It does not cost anything.

Where do I find this FreePBX Upgrader module? I do not see it under module admin

Thanks for this :slight_smile:

I just ended up making sure my modules were up to date from within the web interface, I then ran the upgrade scripts. This previously did not work but now it does. I suspect some work has been going on behind the scenes to sort out a LOT of problems with the scripts. Whatever you do, at every single juncture, back everything up and do everything you humanly can to make it as easy as you can to switch straight back to your old install if you have problems.