Unable to access CDR

Hi all, I recently was given ownership of a FreePBX system that I know nothing about. Today I was informed that we cannot access CDR in the web browser. The error it’s giving me is

Whoops \ Exception \ ErrorException (E_WARNING)
HELP
include(/var/www/html/admin/libraries/Composer/vendor/symfony/process/Symfony/Component/Process/Process.php): failed to open stream: Input/output error

Would love some help to resolve, let me know what info you will need. Thanks!

Anyone have an idea? Think a reboot would help? I’m hesitant to try that first.

Hi Jeffr,
Could you please share with us full error screenshot.
and pls be sure all modules are update!?

Best

Do you use iSymphony?

I’m not sure what that is. Like I said, I know nothing about system. We took over and are planning to switch it over to a different phone system soon but I’m stuck trying to support it for now.

There is documentation on how to administer the system available through the FreePBX Wiki page.

As it stands, you really haven’t given anyone enough information to be able to help you. There are lots of things that could be going on here, including modules that need to be updated. We don’t even know what version of FreePBX you are on. The system is highly dynamic: modules are being updated and new modules are being added literally every day.

The first step would probably be to get your system up-to-date. You do that through the FreePBX GUI. Find the “Module Admin” feature and use that to update all of your modules. Once you are done with that, “Apply Config” should show up on the top right corner.

While you are in the Module Admin section, look for the iSymphony module. You can delete or disable it (Delete would be safe) assuming your user’s are not using it (it’s basically a Receptionist module). This will likely clear the issue you are having right now.

That’s about all I can do for you at this point. We need a lot more information from you before we can even begin to really troubleshoot this for you. Screenshots of the error screen would be a nice start, as would a confirmation of what versions of the modules you are using.

I checked that and iSymphony is disabled. Is updating the modules safe to do during the day while users are on the phone? No reboot required or anything after? Here’s a screenshot of the error:

I’ll try to find more info on the system

You can update the system with call on-line without “too much” fear. The system will continue to operate until you restart Asterisk or reboot the server. The FreePBX stuff runs outside (or “off to the side”) of Asterisk, so anything that it’s doing will continue.

The “Apply Changes” option merely reloads the FreePBX part of the system, so you should be reasonably safe.

I clicked “check online” for updates and it says:

Warning: Cannot connect to online repository(s) (http://mirror1.freepbx.org,http://mirror2.freepbx.org). Online modules are not available.

Hi!

I am pretty sure that the error message refers to the Synfony framework used in FreePBX and not to the big and bulky iSymphony…

re:

https://symfony.com/

I did the same mistake as you a few months ago. Lorne (@lgaetz) was kind enough to point out the mistake…

re:

And as Andrew (@tm1000) pointed out in that same thread, you cannot remove that Symfony, FreePBX would crash…

Have a nice day!

Nick

1 Like

The problem is that files cant be included on your system due to “input/output error”. This is a system level issue and is outside the scope of freepbx.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.