Transfer to Parking lot extension says "Extension does not exists"

Freepbx 13, Asterisk 13, 10.13.66-6 When attempting transfer to a parking lot extension (*270) told that extension does not exist. Occasionally if you wait long in between pressing digits it will work. Not sure if that is relevant, because it doesn’t always make it work. Generally it just won’t work.

Hi!

What kind of extensions are these? DAHDI?

It sounds like there might be a problem decoding the DTMF digits you pressed…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

We are using Grandstream gxp2160’s and x-lite soft phones. I get the same results from both. DTMF appears to work in all other aspects, but that was a good call…nice! Still no joy however.

I changed to Asterisk 11, and then I was able to send a call to the parking lot extension, 70. However, *8571 will not pickup the call that is reported to be in that slot. *85 all by itself will pop a call out of the parking lot however.

I haven’t had a chance to install my SIP phones so take this with a grain of salt but I wonder if it could be a phone dial plan problem…

I am not sure why it would behave the same way with X-lite though, I am not even sure you have control over this with it but you sure do for the Grandstream phones.

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick