Too many dial plans?

Greetings.

I am using:

Incredible PBX 4.11.4 for RasPBX on a Beagle Bone Black

Asterisk: 11.13.

FreePBX: 2.11.0.34

I am setting up a SPA3102 ATA to connect to my PSTN line. I am replicating the process I used on two other SPA3102. Both several years ago.

I am having problems with the GUI in setting up the trunk and out bound routes. For example I create a route, use the dial pattern wizard (Lookup local prefixes) for my exchange, add trunks and click submit. This deletes all the trunks. I noticed that there were more patterns than my previous setups. Deleting patterns eventually allow me to save the trunks. I think using 50586 generates ~300 patterns. Deleting half seems to fix it.

I looked in extensions_additional.conf and see the dial patterns.

I tried using the wizard in the trunk deletes the trunk name and details.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Jens

Jens,
I also have a SPA3102 in production connecting PSTN line to raspbx on raspberry pi
Why not keep it simple. I have the end user just enter 10digits

Local, long distance, and 800 = 10digits.

Dial plan like
Nxxnxxxxxx

I’ve had pstn providers that required 1 for long distance. Instead of struggling with dial plan creation to accommodate local vs long distance dialing, i called the provider and had them change to allow 10digit for everything

Good morning Reilly,

Thanks for your reply.

The issue does not really impact me. I can receive calls from the ATA. I use Google Voice for the out-bound calls. I wanted to use the PSTN for a secondary link. Your solution would almost work if it were not for my wife factor. :smiley: I have the GV trunk handle all calls like the PSTN does. This is easy since all I do is add the 1505 to the NXXXXXXX. My solution was to add a CallWithUs trunk and use it as a secondary trunk.

In the past it was that hard to do what I wanted.to do. Looking at the asterisk configuration files, it appears that the trunk information is lost. I was hoping that someone would say they see the same thing.

I use the PSTN for 911 and information using two separate routes.

Have a great day,
Jens

Update
When I searched the FreePBX site, I apparently did not check the bug reports. :blush: This is an issue that is scheduled to be address in version 12.

My long term plans are to port the number to a VoIP Provider. In the interim, I may look into figuring out how add a custom route that does not get overwritten.

Jens

Not sure what bug report you are referencing but it was already fixed. It’s not scheduled it’s completed.

This is in 12 only