The person at extension XXX is unavailable

I am having an issue with 1 Polycom IP330 phone. I have it setup using end point manager and the extension shows that it has been registered correctly. When I check from the Asterisk CLI the status shows state:idel. I can make outbound calls and dial other extension internally. If I dial this phones extension from another phone I get “the person at extension XXX is unavailable”. It then takes a voice message. Which I can check on from the phone.

I can provide additional details if needed.

Hi:

Outside chance, but the Polyocom might have the DND (do not disturb) function (ON).
This was common for the Polycom series.

Watching from the Asterisk CLI, while you call from another extension to Polycom would help solve.

*79 is the feature code to turn of DND from the FPBX side, but not the button on the Polycom phone.

I thought that might be the case so I factory reset the device and set it up again. I still had the same problem though. I am wondering if there is an issue with the phones I am using. I have Polycom SP 330 and 430 phones. I will try pressing *79 when I am on site tomorrow.

I will log in to Asterisk and watch what happens per your suggestion.

I ended up resolving this issue by enabling Call Waiting on the extension give me the error.