The official end of Trixbox CE

What is really a shame as far as the whole Trixbox/Fonality thing is that Fonality took over the Asterisk @ Home project, renamed it Trixbox, and gobbled up a couple of pioneers in the whole thing, Kerry Garrison and Andrew Gillis. When Fonality used up these guys, they let them go. Last I heard Kerry was working with one of the VoIP hardware suppliers, but I don’t know what happened to Andrew.

Thank goodness for people like Philippe and Tony who have taken up the guidon and moved forward.

BF

I believe that Kerry went to 3CX.

Kerry Worked for 888 Voip and recently took a new vitelity. He is here at Astricon

Ok, so out of curiosity, doesn’t killing the CE edition of Trixbox put them in a position of violating open source licensing requirements? Even Red Hat releases its source…

Has nothing to do with the CE version, they just need to have the source published somewhere.

I have no idea if they do or don’t. trix Pro is not a derivative of FreePBX so this is so outside of my world I have never checked into Fonality compliance.

Tony,

Thanks for your script. I upgraded a test trixbox server to 2.8 and then ran your script. All went well and I rebooted when requested. Now when I try to bring up the web page, I get a message saying Warning: include_once(/etc/asterisk/freepbx.conf) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/index.php on line 19.

I can’t find freepbx.conf anywhere on this server. I looked at my production trixbox server and it also does not have this file. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

I get this error when I go to FreePBX:
No direct script access allowed

Socs28. Please don’t hijack other peoples post and you need to elaborate more on your problem.

Sorry for not elaborating more, I figured it would be understood this is about the Trixbox script and back at the beginning Tony posted:

“Let me know if you run into any issues and I will try and help address them.”

So that is what I am doing. After running the script on a Trixbox CE 2.8.0.4 box, I get the No direct script access allowed error when I go to the PBX Administrator page. When I go to Recordings, I get a listing of the directories, and when I go to the Operator Panel, I get the old FOP.

I’m not sure where to go from here.

I ran the upgrade script to update trixbox 2.6 to Freepbox distro. Took awhile, but appears to have done the trick.

I’m currently running it through testing before I go to production.

User Control Panel
(ARI) comes up in directory listing form and doesnt work. Any way to fix this?

Very intrested to hear how this goes woth older versions. I am still running trixbox 2.6.2.2, still running fine but I know I need to get changed over to something else.

I found that to fix my problem with the scripts not being allowed, I had to go into the database and change the AUTHTYPE to database as it had been webserver, which wouldn’t work with the way things were reconfigured. This can’t just be done in amportal.conf anymore because that isn’t what is read from.

how can i check the AUTHTYPE? I’m not getting scripts not allowed here, but i am getting directory listing when i try to go to the user portal.
thanks

steve

I used webmin to go directly into the MySQL database. Go to the asterisk database then the freepbx_settings table. However, if you can get into FreePBX, then you can go to advanced settings, turn the view so you can see all the settings and then it’s under System Setup

from the command line do a

amportal a ad

That will change auth type to database which is what FreePBX Distro uses and what trixbox 2.8 was using. Sounds like 2.6 was using webserver.

I added the amportal a an to the upgrade script for future users who use it

this is what it gives me:

Welcome to The FreePBX Distro

======================================
[trixbox.mlj.local ~]# amportal a ad

Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…

trying to run as user asterisk:

sudo: can’t stat /etc/sudoers: No such file or directory
sudo: no valid sudoers sources found, quitting

when i try to access the User Control Panel (ARI)

Index of /recordings

Name	Last modified	Size	Description
Parent Directory	 	 -
locale/	30-Nov-2012 17:49	 -
modules/	30-Nov-2012 17:49	 -
theme/	30-Nov-2012 17:49	 -

Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) Server at 192.168.92.169 Port 80

when i compare the recordings directory to another system, i can see that some files and directories are missing. i’m missing:
change.log
index.php
includes
LICENSE.txt
misc
readme.txt
version.php

Removing and reinstalling the recordings module doesn’t install these files/folders. Any way to get them?