Tftp

Your tftp option on windows should just be “192.168.231.70” NOT “192.168.231.70\tftpboot”

netstat -aun |grep -e “:69\s*0"”

will also show if tftpd is running on your server.

if

netstat -aun |grep -e “:67\s*0”

shows anything

that means you have a dhcp server running on the box also, so make sure it is not, unless you knopw what you are doing only one dhcpd should be on each network.

Ok so after some digging it appears I have some corruption so I am going to reinstalll. I want to thank all of you for your help. This is my first attempt with setting up freepbx so it is nice to know there is a great support community to help.

Koncreat,

Were you ever successful in getting your AsteriskNow implementation with a Microsoft DHCP server operational? I am attempting the same at home and running into the same problems. I know most out there despise Microsoft, but it would be a major PITA to retool my entire home network to a *nix based infrastructure. Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kevin

DHCP is DHCP, it’s an IETF standard so it doesn’t matter if it is MS, Apple, *NIX, runs in the router or you use that stupid DHCP in the could service (actually not so stupid if somebody pays $10/mo for it) only one device can have the DHCP role for each “collision domain” or network, or subnet.

DHCP utilizes broadcast messages so it can’t be routed with designating a forwarder. I would not suggest trying to do that for a home network.

Why can’t you get MS DHCP to work? It can do options 66 and 150 that are commonly used by IP telephones.

Trust me Skyking, I have been banging my head on the proverbial wall trying to figure this out. And I hate to say it, but it is probably something VERY simple I am overlooking. I have at home a Microsoft network, AD, DNS, DHCP, the works. My internal DNS is comprised of three virtualized DNS servers, all of which perform lookups without any issues, both internally and externally. Additonally, I have the DHCP scope configured to hand out ip requests for both DHCP and BOOTP requests.

My current setup is with my DHCP server on Server 2008 R2. I have my AsteriskNow v2.x.x server on ip 192.168.1.85. My DHCP scope has options 66 configured for pbx.ad.domainname.us (resolving to 192.168.1.85), and DHCP scope option 150 is pointing to 192.168.1.85. The weird behavior I have is my 7940 will receive the configuration for the extension I have created in Asterisk, I can get dialtone on the phone, but it never shows as being registered in the End Point Manager. The other phone I have is a 7941, and regardless of what I do, it never provisions itself with the extension I have configured for it. Both phones show they are pulling ip addresses, and notate the correct ip address for the tftp server running on my Asterisk box. I would appreciate any constructive thoughts on my situation, and I will gladly provide my configuration data as needed for troubleshooting.

Lastly, should I continue posting in this specific thread, or start a new one? Thanks for any assistance.