TDM800P horrible Echo issues

I have a client that is running the release before last of FreePBX, they have a TDM800p with horrible echo issues. I have worked on it, had an asterisk old timer work on it, lower the receive volume in Dahdi, nothing clears it up! I heard there is a module available for this card (part # VPMADT032) I also saw something about Digium HPEC. I am a bit green when it comes to Analog, any help (step by step please) would be appreciated. Is there a way to install and activate HPEC and deactivate the other one?

Before you do that, check and make sure that you have OSLEC enabled instead of MG2 - OSLEC is the Open Source Line Echo Canceller - and it works WAY better than MG2 which is what is usually turned on by default.

look in /etc/dahdi and edit /etc/dahdi/system.conf - here is an example:

Span 1: WCTDM/0 “Wildcard AEX800” (MASTER)

fxsks=1
echocanceller=mg2,1
fxsks=2
echocanceller=mg2,2

it’s the echocanceller line we care about - change it to look like this:

Span 1: WCTDM/0 “Wildcard AEX800” (MASTER)

fxsks=1
echocanceller=oslec,1
fxsks=2
echocanceller=oslec,2

And then restart DAHDI and Asterisk and see if it’s better before you buy anything.

Mine actually says

fxsks=1-8
fxoks=9
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

also, I have 2 cards in the system, one is a 4 port card with 1 FXS module (it doesn’t need echo cancellation and the other is the 8 port fxo card with only 1 -5 used)

Well, then you probably have NO echo cancellation - stick the echo canceller line in like this:

fxsks=1-8
echocanceller=oslec,1-8
fxoks=9
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

and then restart DAHDI and Asterisk and tell us how it worked.

thank you for the reply they say it is still echoeing, I wish there was someone out there that has faced this I would even pay for help!

We used to have problems with Echo all the time when we were using POTS lines - Hardware Echo Cancellation works, and it’s not all that expensive. Having said that, we have used OSLEC for about the past 3 years in the few places that we still have POTS and it seems to work fine.

Since it didn’t work for you, either get an HPEC license or a hardware module.

Before you do any attempts at echo cancellation you should always run fxotune (man fxotune) and balance your rx/tx levels on each trunk individually with a milliwatt() test and dahdi_monitor with all echo cancellation off.

I already did that… it seems like nothing helps… they need a pay echo cancel commercial mod

Mine actually says

fxsks=1-8
fxoks=9
loadzone=us
defaultzone=us

also, I have 2 cards in the system, one is a 4 port card with 1 FXS module (it doesn’t need echo cancellation and the other is the 8 port fxo card with only 1 -5 used)

Thank You,
Josh Holgate
404-923-0302 X500
TechPlus www.TechPlusAtlanta.comhttp://www.techplusatlanta.com/
[email protected]mailto:[email protected]
For Support Email [email protected]mailto:[email protected] or call 404-923-0302 Option 1

Denied, That stuff does not belong here, this is an open forum.

oh it’s denied? good thing you were up at 9pm to moderate it… I didn’t post this on here…

Actually you did “post this on here”, perhaps by mistake. However It was I personally denying your request. Perhaps I misinterpreted you post, I am in no way a moderator.

Did fxotune write some data to your /etc/fxotune.conf and /etc/fxotune.vals files ??
We had horrible echo problem with analog TDM400P, until fxotune fixed it up perfectly.
Everybuddy happy. YMMV