TDM400 + UK + FreePBX + Error - should have checked the physical line first (FIXED)

I have (finally) manually moved my ancient PIAF setup to a clean FreePBX setup (STABLE
10.13.66-64bit + Asterisk 13) - continuing to use my TDM400P (port 4 goes to the PSTN) + my Cisco hard phones and Bria soft phones - Everything is working except incoming from the BT PSTN line - sadly, when i first set it up - the TDM would answer and route calls - but in my efforts to try and get the CID incoming working incoming calls now drop after one ring (see below for console output). I can route calls out via the PSTN as needed.

I think i have all the usual things in the usual places - i have read so many posts about the CID stuff - but very little about the line dropping after one ring.

chan_dahdi_channels_custom.conf

;;; line="4 WCTDM/4 FXSKS"
callerid=asreceived
usecallerid=yes
cidstart=polarity
cidsignalling=v23
immediate=no
channel => 4

chan_dahdi.conf

[channels]
language=en
busydetect=yes
busycount=10
usecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
usecallingpres=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=no
echotraining=no
immediate=no
faxdetect=no
rxgain=5
txgain=5
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity

I would like to get incoming PSTN calls working again - as a quick fix i thought about just resetting DAHDI - but i cannot work out how to re-set dahdi config to default - i DID try removing all the config files and re-installing DAHDI with yum - but ended up with some GUI errors so i just put it all back as it was - sadly i did not think to make a full backup before messing with DAHDI trying to get the CID working. I would also like to stick with the Dahdi module if i can - i now have a better idea where it puts its configs and all the files - but if there was a way to reset dahdi to default config - i could be more incremental about getting the CID working .

So i guess i am either asking for some help with the config to get it working or someone to indicate how to set the DAHDI back to a “from the box” config so it will answer calls sensibly again and then i can be more cautious about getting CID working.

i DID have this working with the old setup, and have used the settings from the there - which did not help in this case, leading me to believe that it was not working as it should anyway.

Console output on failure

pbx*CLI> dahdi show status
Description                              Alarms  IRQ    bpviol CRC    Fra Codi Options  LBO
Wildcard TDM400P REV I Board 5           OK      0      0      0      CAS Unk           0 db (CSU)/0-133 feet (DSX-1)
  == Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 4
    -- Starting simple switch on 'DAHDI/4-1'
[2016-12-10 13:48:45] WARNING[23291][C-00000007]: sig_analog.c:2517 __analog_ss_thread: CID timed out waiting for ring. Exiting simple switch
    -- Hanging up on 'DAHDI/4-1'
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/4-1'
pbx*CLI>

Well, after spending nearly three days on this - i plugged a hard phone in and tried to call the line - it has a fault - i guess checking the line with a hard phone earlier might have saved my time.

1 Like

And just to shut this one off, ONCE BT had fixed the fault, everything worked fine. I am using the Dahdi Config Module, once i worked out where everything should be it worked 100%. I must say, at first i was annoyed with the 3CX move by PIAF, but now on new hardware (with IPMI) with the latest FreePBX and everything working MUCH better it was all worth it.