Status of Zulu UC

We are not in release of Zulu yet

Bump - just got the invitation for the Webinar - when can I purchase a license and try the real thing?

Its been out for a few weeks now. Its considered a Soft Beta meaning their may still be bugs but so far very few issues reported.

1 Like

Yep!

Sure can. ZuluUC is now available in the store, and we have many testing these early builds already.

Once purchased? http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/ZU/Zulu+Server+Installation+and+Setup

Let us know what you think!

1 Like

For those that have not received an invitation yet, you can sign up for the ZULU webinar here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/6145239030026663171

Where?

https://portal.schmoozecom.com/index.php/store/displayStore#freepbx/zulu/1173

Little bit too much. Would love a 2 or 5 user option.

Ok - Got it working finally - had to re-install the FreePBX module twice before the Zulu Daemon would start working.

Is there any way to get Auto-Answer working with a Polycom 550? It initiates the call to the Polycom, but you have to pick it up before it starts the outbound leg.

We are working on this next.

there are a number of “competing” programs. perhaps it is just horses for courses, but some help in positioning UCP, Zulu and isymphony would be greatly appreciated.

ucp enables a user to do a pretty good job of managing their extension(s), i.e. voicemail, fmfm, call forwarding.
Zulu appears to have as its focal point outlook integration and click to call. sms integration looks interesting and might exacerbate the growing trend of people to use text messaging as opposed to email for business communication (something i particularly dislike).
isymphony enables a user to be focused more system wide activities - i.e. queues, conference rooms, chat although it also, like ucp, supports voicemail for one or more extensions but to date i have seen no click to dial or outlook integration.

has anyone run both zulu and isymphony together on the same system?

I am right now - since Zulu requires me to answer the station-leg before it initiates the outbound leg, it is not all that useful and we have not show it to clients - for now, iSymphony is a much more complete solution.

As far as a dialer for Asterisk, Zulu is OK - but there are MUCH cheaper alternatives. When the integration’s are working better, it will be easier to recommend/use.

This was resolved and released yesterday

A post was split to a new topic: Yealink and Zulu originate auto-answer

Hi Andrew,

Two questions:

1. Does ZuLu also issue an popup with the name of the incoming call out of the outlook address book?
  2. Is there a possibility to have a test licence of Zulu to see if this is what our customers need?

Regards Frans

We now offer a FreePBX Zulu UC 2 User Package Free of Charge to allow you to test it out. You can add it to your deployments from the portal.sangoma.com . If you are running PBXact, Zulu UC or UCC “cloud” we now include Zulu with every seat license as well.

How do I get the Zulu 2 User package?

As preston said above. You can add it to your deployment from our portal.sangoma.com

You add it as if you were making a purchase…

It’s a 1 year license…

After that I believe you must “Update activation” in System Admin (that’s what I had to do) and you add users using user management, not the Zulu screen (a little message telling to do that would have been preferrable I think…)

Have a nice day!

Nick

is there anything special we need to do to make Zulu answer the sation leg of an outgoing call or is it supposed to know it is a Polycom somehow? It does work on my Aastra-Mitel phones