Sound Global Language error

Hello
I’m french speaking, so I install french sounds languages and set Global Language to french but system sounds are always in english.
I must remove english sounds languages to have my sounds in french. Why ?

Last week’s version of this question.`

Look through this discussion from earlier in the week. It’s a really good discussion of how Asterisk (It’s not a FreePBX thing) chooses what language files to play back.

If this doesn’t answer your questions, please ask more specific questions.

Read that discussion, my French brother, and fight! :slight_smile:

And fight for what?

Are you using PJSIP trunks?

Yes, I do, Andrew.

RE: [quote=“tm1000, post:4, topic:36067”]
And fight for what?
[/quote]

You forgot that we, users, install FreePBX to become free from editing the config files.

Setting of the default sound language using FreePBX must solve this large problem with a little effort.

But you are a developer, not user, you do not understand what I say, do you?

There is a language barrier here. When I said “works for me” I mean that using the GUI. It works for me.

Rather insulting.

Wow - that is a ton of attitude.

“We, users” is a pretty big group, and I’d like to remind you neither speak for all of us nor are you helping here. You don’t speak for “We, users” - you are a single user that has a problem to which you feel entitled to a solution.

If you don’t like the system, either fix it or leave. This is still largely open-source and user supported. If you have a problem, don’t just sit there and whine like a 13-year-old girl - get up and make some changes.

The fact that you got an answer and didn’t understand is not a “We, users” problem.

Well, then I do not understand you. When you say “it works for me” - what do you mean? You are a non-English speaking? As I see - no, your English is 100500 times better than mine. You tried to check how works the configuration with non-English default sound language which was set using FreePBX? As I see - no. So what do you mean, man, when you say “It works for me”?

I didn’t mean that being a developer is something bad. It is an irony so far. As a developer you understand the meaning of irony? :slight_smile:

I think it’s just a language barrier. Or well. I’m chalking it up to that.

Either way it doesn’t matter. The debug I had to pull out of @iq180 was rather exhausting and still didn’t help and only ended up in insulting attacks. I was able to work with our Japanese partner and am working on narrowing down the issue.

I didn’t infer it that way. There’s definitely a language barrier here. Culturally as well.

Yes sir. I did. I said that probably 3 times in the original thread. I tried Japanese, French, British and Russian.

As we can see if we look at the first message of this thread, I am not. It is a known problem of at least two users (try googling, and you’ll see that there is more than two of us).

May I use the phrase “we, users” from now, sir?

There is a language barrier here. So users install FreePBX not to become free from editing the config files?

Strange conclusion. I like the system, and because of that I want to make it better, more user friendly. What you perceive as an abuse is actually a proposition to change this strange behavior of the program.

And [quote=“tm1000, post:10, topic:36067”]
Yes sir. I did. I said that probably 3 times in the original thread. I tried Japanese, French, British and Russian.
[/quote]

You added non-English system sounds, after that you removed English ones, set non-English language as default, uploaded some custom recordings for IVR, didn’t edit the asterisk.conf file, and that worked? Well, then the problem is worse than I thought before: such configurations doesn’t work on some computers and works on yours.

Yes…

Magic.