[SOLVED] FreePBX 2.10.1.4 Music on hold for Extensions

Hi,
I have been triying one whole day on setting music on hold for extensions.I can set it for Ring groups works. But when i tried to call to other extensions on same groups, I am still hearing the ring sound please advice.

Just to clarify you want your system to play music instead of ringing when dialing between extensions? I personally don’t understand the need for this, or is this just a because I want to… because I can… type of thing?

It’s not I want to… because I can… the reason is I am doing it for freelance and my customer having this as a requirement.
Any advice ?
Thanks,
Cino.

I don’t currently have an installation of 2.10 to play with,however in 2.11 in the Advanced Settings (and it should be in the General settings of 2.10) in the “Asterisk Dial Options” field remove the “r” and replace that with an “m” You can also replace it with m(catagory) to specify a specific category of music on hold, then in your extension fields you will want to make sure that you are not overriding this setting in the Asterisk Dial options. You may have to restart FreePBX before it will work (CLI amportal restart) Let me know how it works out for you.

Works like a Charm :slight_smile:
Thank your