[SOLVED] BLF Hints Not Working

rastan and brhunt:

there are a couple things to make sure are set to get the BLF lights to work for call flow control and queues. what I would first suggest is in freepbx to go to settings -> advanced settings -> look for “Enable Custom Device States” -> set it to “True”.

Additionally, if you have queues configured for dynamic members to log in and out of their queue at will, you can either leave them configured with a BLF of *45 (if the given phone’s extension is only a member of one queue), or you can set the blf to 45extque - where *45 is the queue log in/out feature code, ext is the extension of the given phone, and que is the given queue number to log out of. If I’m not mistaken, pressing a blf button as *45 on a given extension that belongs to multiple queues will log that extension in or out of all queues. Or it might do nothing… can’t remember how it works when belonging to many queues.

Also, you would want to ensure your Cisco phone’s firmware is updated to the lastest version just to make sure all other kinks are worked out. I’ve also found some problems in the OSS Endpoint Manager that I’ve submitted corrections for when Cisco SPA phones are on firmware 7.5.4a or later where a speed dial button blinks orange when set through the provisioning system. If you have any problems with BLF buttons on the Cisco phones for the queue, call flow control, etc, then first try configuring directly at any phone to make sure it isn’t a provisioning glitch.