Set STATUS for phones with multiple extensions configured on different Line Keys

Hi guys,

Using the the 64 bit version of FreePBX, Stable-5.211.65-13 (FreePBX 2.11, Linux 6.5 and Asterisk 11) with Digium Phones (D70s, D50s and D40s)

Some phones have multiple extensions configured on different Line Keys.

Every time we want to change the STATUS to (for exemple) DND, it only changes the very first Line Key.

If we presse another Line Key, the STATUS option disappears.

It would be nice that the STATUS “application” or feature changes the STATUS for all extensions configured on the different line keys.

Thanks!

By status I mean “DND”, “Available” and such

Howdy,

How are your phones provisioned? FreePBX Commercial Endpoint manager? Digium Phones Addon for FreePBX? Other?

Howdy,

You can e-mail feature requests for Digium’s phones to [email protected]

Cheers

Digium Phones Addon for FreePBX

With easy mode = off

Thanks!

Hi guys, I was wondering if there was any update on this.

In my office, some of the executive have D70s and they have several extensions on the 6 available line keys, so they can make and receive phone calls with different extensions (each extension is associated with a division).

When they have a meeting in their office, they’d like to put the phone in DND but it’s impossible.

The problem is that they can only change the status of the extension which is associated with the first line key.

This is a minor problem, but it has major consequences in our environment.

Any solution for this? Or workaround?

Thanks !!

You could run the phone w/o DPMA, in which case the phone’s Status application will only toggle the phone between normal and DND (return 486 for any calls to the phone).

Okay so how can I run the phone without DPMA ?

I’d like to give it a try!

It’s a regular SIP phone, so you don’t need anything special to run it without using DPMA.

If you’d like, you can take a look at Schmooze’ endpoint manager.

We’re using all digium IP phones (D40s, D50s and D70s) so I guess they are regular IP phones.

What I had in mind was more like a firmware upgrade with would give the option, with the STATUS button is clicked, to pu all extensions on DND or allow to set them separately.

That would be building a special DND app just for that feature. Would be quite a bit of work to build such a application on the phone.

Well then there’s something I’m not getting !

What is the typical use of the line-keys on Digium phones ?

Because if it is to be different extension, then there must be a way to easily toggle DND status for all extensions !