Sangoma Launches New IP Phones Designed for FreePBX and PBXact

Originally published at: https://www.freepbx.org/sangoma-launches-new-ip-phones-designed-for-freepbx-and-pbxact/

Zero Touch installation makes phones easy to provision

Today we are announcing the launch of a new family of IP phones. Designed exclusively for use with FreePBX and PBXact and featuring Sangoma’s Zero Touch technology, which means they connect and operate quickly and easily, right out of the box.

all-phones

The product line includes the entry-level s300, mid-range s500, and the s700 for the most demanding business environment. Each phone in the three model series features Power over Ethernet (PoE), so no power cable or outlets are required. They have full duplex speakerphones, dual Ethernet Ports, multi-way conference calling, high definition voice, and have built-in Virtual Private Network (VPN) capabilities.

“VoIP telephones can be complex to install, and manually configuring many different parameters with dozens or hundreds of extensions can take hours,” says Bill Wignall, President and CEO of Sangoma. “With Sangoma’s unique Zero Touch installation there is no complexity, since phones connect automatically with Sangoma’s PBX solutions and can be used as soon as they are plugged into the network. Zero touch provisioning saves customers significant time, frustration and money.”

When customers buy and install any of these Sangoma phones, the redirection server automatically sends the phone line to the Sangoma Private Branch eXchange (PBX) for configuration. Other vendors have redirection servers, but they have to be pre-programmed with the IP PBX.

Sangoma’s PBX solutions are available in two versions. FreePBX, an open source variant and as the PBXact brand, a commercial version. Both are available as software or can be pre-installed on telecom appliances. Only Sangoma can provide Zero Touch provisioning with FreePBX and PBXact.

Each phone also comes integrated with Sangoma EndPoint Manager Software. The software enables users to control global settings, program phone keys, map extensions to MAC addresses and templates, upload images, download new firmware, and scan the network for non-provisioned phones. Sangoma phones also feature Plug and Play deployment; native VPN for secure connections; phone and user management from the PBX control panel; and soft key functions like call flow management, queue management, presence, etc. Since the VPN client software is included with the phone, remote users can easily and securely access an office-based PBX. There’s no need for a VPN router at the remote or home office location. The system also traverses firewalls automatically.

The Missing Piece is Finally Here!

Once Sangoma’s phones are installed, users can control advanced features directly from the phone. There’s no need to remember feature codes. There’s also no need to log in to the PBX panel to control the feature set.

User applications include: Call Parking, Follow Me, Do Not Disturb, Conference Rooms, Call Forwarding, Time Conditions, Presence, Queues, Queue Agents, Transfer to Voice Mail, Visual Voice Mail, and Log in/out.

Other model-specific features and prices include:

s300-full

s300, with 2 Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Accounts, dual Ethernet capability, headset compatible and an MSRP of $89 (USD).

s500-full

s500 with 4 SIP accounts, a 3.5 inch full color display, 28 programmable soft keys, headset compatible, dual gigabit Ethernet capability and an MSRP of $149.

s700-full

s700 featuring 6 SIP Accounts, a 4.3 inch full color display, 45 programmable soft keys, headset compatible, dual gigabit Ethernet capability and an MSRP of $229.

Accessories such as headset adapters and power supply units (for networks without PoE) are also available. All Sangoma telephones come with a 1-year warranty and extended warranties are also available.

With this new line of smart VoIP phones, Sangoma can provide all the appliances, software and functionality a business needs for a sophisticated IP and Unified Communications system.

Sangoma is taking orders now for delivery in March 2016. You can purchase directly from one of the company’s stocking channel partners, or from within the Sangoma Portal.

Learn More about our New Phones.

1 Like

Are these made by Yealink? They look almost identical to the T46.

No, they are not yealink phones

I’m sure there must be an interesting story as to why they look the same.

I immediately thought the same thing. Funny too because yealink will offer custom branding on their phones and thought that was what they did until I looked closer and saw some subtle differences.

Well, given all this possible skepticism, it would be interesting to compare the PCB layouts between them when someone has both. I am sure they are totally different and are in no way derivative. it will just be a coincidence.

I wonder however if it`s possible that they could be based on the same reference design though…

I googled a little and it looks like the same thing that exist for video cards, ie having many video cards from many manufacturers based on the same reference design from NVidia and AMD exists for SIP phones as well…

If they are based on the same reference design from a chip manufacturer they could exhibit similarities without actually being built by Yealink…

Have a nice day!

Nick

PS: It might also explains why so many manufacturers exhibit the same SIP quirks/issues because the firmware can actually be part of that reference design…

2 Likes

They certainly do. These aren’t rebranded Yealinks though. Glad you were able to notice the differences.

1 Like

really beautiful and definitely fully functional with FreePBX :slight_smile:

but when the expansion modules for field lights

I saw that these new models allow you to create VPN …

you can integrate with the vpn FreePBX and if there is a bit of documentation?

I use FreePBX as a server in the cloud

I can still take advantage of the feature “Zero Touch installation” ?

Where are these phones being manufactured and do they support openvpn?

And if so do they support a different VPN server for each account?

(Yealinks when using OpenVPN send ALL traffic over the VPN so you can’t register one account to the VPN and another to the users LAN.)

LIke almost every phone now days they are manufactured in China. Yes they support for VPN to the PBX and fully configured right from EPM in FreePBX including the VPN client side.

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/PHON/Connecting+Phone+to+use+PBX+VPN

Addison

That would be almost impossible as the routing logic is made at the OS level so all traffic goes across the VPN. Sorry

I don’t know if the Sangoma phones use OpenVPN like the Yealinks but OpenVPN on Linux has the option to force everything over the VPN or not, you can even run multiple instances on different port number and as long as the subnets are different it will route accordingly. Why couldn’t the phones do the same thing?

1 Like

Logically the routing level would be controlled by and be part of the OS , so it would depend on who wrote the OS and how the network’s interface presence is exposed.