retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

FreePBX Distro version 2.11.0.42 .32%CPU load, 14% memory load, dedicated Atom hardware.

Had noticed FOP2 Admin was disabled so I enabled it but got the Admin wouldn’t load. “ERROR … line 17: [: too many arguments” and found a support page telling me to add "| head -n 1 " into line 15 of /usr/local/fop2/autoconfig-buttons-freepbx.sh it reads:

AMPVERSION=cat $AMPDIR | grep "<version>" | head -n 1 | sed -e 's/<[^>]*>//g' | cut -d\. -f 1,2 | sed 's/\s//g' | sed 's/\.//g'

However I’m now getting a different error:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Added 20 minutes ago
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

I could use some help in solving this new error. I found some threads saying it’s linked to a Broadcast module, but I don’t see such a module listed in Module Admin.

Try

amportal chown

[root@PBX ~]# amportal chown
Fetching FreePBX settings with gen_amp_conf.php…
SETTING FILE PERMISSIONS
Permissions OK

I did find that if I disable the FOP2Admin module that the reload error goes away. I’m thinking there must be a version mis-match in the FOP2 and the FOP2 Admin module. The version listed in the Module screen is FOP2Admin 1.2.10

I see the FOP2 website has some downloads along with a caution to make sure to grab the right version. It has a CentOS 32 bit version but am I remembering correctly that the new Distro (which I’m on) isn’t true CentOS any longer?

In a somewhat related question, why is FOP2 not a module in the module admin like similar programs? I see it’s listed as a third party add-on. What’s the difference between a third party add-on and a module?

The author has not requested for us to host it. They would like to distribute that themselves.

SOLVED
Ran the following commands:

wget download.fop2.com/plugins//fop2manager-1.0.4.tgz

tar zxvf fop2manager-1.0.4.tgz

chown asterisk.asterisk admin

chown asterisk.asterisk admin/* -R

And then I opened a web browser and went to http://myserver.here/fop2/admin/

And now it all works. Thank you Asternic for your help.

The FOP2 manager plugin is defunct if you’re fully up to date (2.28 on FOP2); they use the bootstrap goodies. I highly recommend the latest version, it’s pretty awesome.

1 Like