queue_log to MySQL

FreePBX 2.11.0.27
Asterisk 1.8.15-cert5
CentOS release 5.10 (Final)
Installed from Repo via yum

I have seen lots of discussion regarding this topic when searching these forums and also Google, however I have not seen any definitive current answers. I have looked at voip-info (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+queue_log+on+MySQL).

I understand how to create the MySQL table. I know how to query the MySQL database. My question is how do I tell FreePBX/Asterisk to log TO the MySQL database? VOIP-Info refers to the extconfig.conf file which does not exist on my system. I saw a thread where someone asked if we should simply create the extconfig.conf file but I did not see an answer.

Could someone shed some light on this detail please? Is it as simple as adding queue_log => mysql,asterisk or queue_log => mysql,general (not sure the difference) to logger_logfiles_custom.conf?

This is my hold up and I would greatly appreciate any guidance.

Thank you.

just out of curiosity, why do you want to put all this in a relational database?

I was asked to run “queue reports”, however I no longer need this. When I was asked for queue reports, it turns out that “queue” actually just meant call accounting for ALL CALLS IN ALL DEPARTMENTS. We only have a 3 person queue in a single department. Funny how things like this come about.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. If they come back looking for stats on this particular queue, I’ve already implemented Asternic (which does script the queue log into db).