Polycom IP301 Multiple Regs same Server

So I’ve got two IP301s, I want one at my desk and another at a workbench. Honestly I’d love to have the first and second keys be the same extension at both phones, but I’m not sure that’s possible. Currently I have 4 extensions set up and have a ring group which includes line key 1 on both phones (x1000 and x1002). For some reason my config files are registering both line keys 1 and 2 for the same extension number. I have bootrom 4.0.4 and SIP app v3.1.8 legacy on both phones. Here’s the reg part of my config…

<reg 

reg.1.displayName="1000"
reg.1.address="1000"
reg.1.label="1000"
reg.1.type="private"
reg.1.lcs=“0"
reg.1.csta=”“
reg.1.thirdPartyName=”"
reg.1.auth.userId="1000"
reg.1.auth.password=“xxxxx"
reg.1.auth.optimizedInFailover=”“
reg.1.musicOnHold.uri=”"
reg.1.server.1.address="192.168.x.200"
reg.1.server.1.port="5061"
reg.1.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.1.server.2.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.1.server.1.expires=“300"
reg.1.server.1.expires.overlap=”"
reg.1.server.1.register=“1"
reg.1.server.1.retryTimeOut=”“
reg.1.server.1.retryMaxCount=”“
reg.1.server.1.expires.lineSeize=”“
reg.1.server.1.lcs=”"
reg.1.outboundProxy.address="192.168.x.200"
reg.1.outboundProxy.port="5061"
reg.1.outboundProxy.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.1.acd-login-logout="0"
reg.1.acd-agent-available=“0"
reg.1.proxyRequire=”"
reg.1.ringType="2"
reg.1.lineKeys="2"
reg.1.callsPerLineKey=“2"
reg.1.bargeInEnabled=”“
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.dnd=”“
reg.1.serverFeatureControl.cf=”“
reg.1.strictLineSeize=”“
reg.1.tcpFastFailover=”"
reg.2.displayName="1001"
reg.2.address="1001"
reg.2.label="1001"
reg.2.type="private"
reg.2.lcs=“0"
reg.2.csta=”“
reg.2.thirdPartyName=”"
reg.2.auth.userId="1001"
reg.2.auth.password=“xxxxxx"
reg.2.auth.optimizedInFailover=”"
reg.2.server.1.address="192.168.x.200"
reg.2.server.1.port="5061"
reg.2.server.1.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.2.server.2.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.2.server.1.expires=“300"
reg.2.server.1.expires.overlap=”"
reg.2.server.1.register=“1"
reg.2.server.1.retryTimeOut=”“
reg.2.server.1.retryMaxCount=”“
reg.2.server.1.expires.lineSeize=”"
reg.2.outboundProxy.address="192.168.x.200"
reg.2.outboundProxy.port="5061"
reg.2.outboundProxy.transport="TCPpreferred"
reg.2.acd-login-logout="0"
reg.2.acd-agent-available=“0"
reg.2.proxyRequire=”"
reg.2.ringType="2"
reg.2.lineKeys=“2"
reg.2.callsPerLineKey=“2"
reg.2.bargeInEnabled=”“
reg.2.serverFeatureControl.dnd=”“
reg.2.serverFeatureControl.cf=”“
reg.2.strictLineSeize=””/>

This is the reason you have 2.

Hey Broadviewtech,
2 phones cannot register to the same extension, though it would be nice if they could.

I had a similar problem, needing a shared line appearance, but with Cisco phones. For example the CEO has extension 115 at his desk at work. He also has a remote phone at his home over OpenVPN, which I would also like to be 115. Heres how I made it work:

Ideally, i would want the two extensions to be identical, a shared line appearance, where when 115 is called, both phones ring simultaneously, but FreePBX does not have a shared line appearance feature.

As a work around, i have the home office extension as 127, then I have the follow-me settings of 115 set to ring 127 simultaneously.

But to make things completely seamless, with the CEO having no idea that his home office extension is different, i programmed the Cisco phone line button for 127 to display 115 on his office phone (even though it is actually registering to the pbx as 127). I also changed the caller id of the 127 extension to be 115 in the freepbx settings, so if he calls an internal extension from home, they will see his usual extension, 115, and they can call that back and reach him whether he is at home or at office.

1 Like

Rchase - Thanks for the great idea!

Alan - when I change reg.1.lineKeys=“1” then only one line registers.
I think I have something wrong with the formatting of reg.2 but I just can’t pinpoint what’s different.

rchase, he is registering 2 different extensions in his example.

I am almost positive that the 301 is a 2 line phone so it should let you register 2 different extension.

The

Tells the phone how many line keys to display for each registered extension.

Hey alan,
I deleted my last post and I dont remember what i wrote but deleted because I dont enough about Polycom configuration to help with this one.

My long post was about how to have 2 extensions work in a way that they are almost like a shared line appearance, not because he wanted the same extension on his phone twice, but he wanted something like this for example:

Desk phone
Line 1: 100
Line 2: 101

Workbench phone:
Line 1: 100
Line 2: 101

So i can help do that but i dont know enough about polycom to help with the registration problem. Hopefully your idea fixes that!

Alan,
I understand what you meant in your first post now, that he should change both lines to be

reg.1.lineKeys=“1”

And

reg.2.lineKeys=“1”