Outbound dialplan that plays a message with possible URL trigger

Hi All,

I’m new to FreePBX. Looking to set up a simple dialplan as follows:

1. Call number - could be internal extension for now, ultimately will be actual number or forwarded extension
  2. Call answered - play a message
  3. Play “Press 1 to acknowledge”
  4. If not acknowledged, repeat steps 2 and 3 up to 5 times
  5. Hang up.

If possible, I’d like to trigger this action through an URL query, I’d like to know if that requires coding via PHP for example or if there’s a simple, built in way to trigger something like that.

Also, can this dialplan be created through the FreePBX GUI/web admin interface or do I need to create a custom script in extensions_custom.conf?

Thanks

Send the call to an “Announcement” set the repeat option in the “announcement” to 5 and allow skip.

There are many ways to “trigger” this action, PHP not required, you can use AMI in any language, you can write a “call.file” to /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing but probably easiest would to use the Web Call back module:-

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Web+Call+Back

(Pretty well all in the wiki, you should go there :wink: )

Thanks for that fast response, really appreciate it. I’ll take a look at your suggestions and go from there. I’ll post a follow up to this as I make progress.

So I’ve got the announcement configured with a recording. How do I assign it to an outbound call action, for it to be played? At the moment, I’ve got some internal extensions set up and working, but ultimately, this will need to dial out to a number.

What I’m having trouble with is letting the extension know to not pick up, but immediately play the announcement.

I don’t fully understand what you are trying to do here, but I have always had ethical troubles with unsolicited calling from Asterisk and I don’t believe that FreePBX has any mechanism that will help you, but look at

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+auto-dial+out

and take it from there on your own.

Oh, sorry about that, nothing unethical going on here :-). Basically, this system will serve as an alert notification system with pre-recorded messages specific to alert conditions going to a group of numbers. There’s an external server which will trigger the alert via a URL request. That should cause the system to dial out to the appropriate alert team (predefined numbers) and play the message. There’s a bit more to it in terms of complexity, I’m just trying to get the basics going - baby steps. The person on the other end, will have to press “1” to confirm that they got the alert, at which point the logic terminates.

As much as possible, I’d like to use the FreePBX GUI to build out the call logic, but I understand that at some point I may have to script some it (which is fine).

So right now, I’m just trying to get a the basic configuration to work.

No nothing really there in FreePBX directly, but all that necessary human detection stuff and auditing delivery status will cost you some effort, maybe “follow-me” with option “confirm calls” could work at a pinch, the link I gave you should help start you as will reading

http://www.asteriskdocs.org/

prior to that.

There is also a commercially available “appointment reminder” module, that might also work.

Thanks for the info, I’m looking into all of it. I’ll probably end up having to combine a custom extension script with custom coding to get it all working the way I want to, the GUI is good, but it doesn’t look like it will allow the specific things I need in my logic.

Once I’ve got something going, I’ll post it.