(OSS) Endpoint Manager and port 5160

I have a client with an existing, proprietary phone system using port 5060.

They are interested in trying-out an FreePBX system.

So I downloaded and setup FreePBX yesterday, and saw SIP is set to 5160 and PJSIP is set to 5060. This may work out well for me, as I can leave the existing system alone and setup this 2nd “demo” system and run SIP @ 5160 (so both phone systems can coexist on the same network).

So I create a SIP extension and specify the port as 5160. I install OSS Endpoint Manager and install the phones (Grandstream 2160) and create the config files, and it is using 5060. I don’t see any way to get Endpoint Manager to use the default 5160 of the SIP driver.

So I figure I’ll change PJSIP to 5070, reboot the machine, create a 2nd (PJSIP this time though) extension and fine there is no place to specify a port in the PJSIP extension configuration. I figure maybe OSS EPM automatically uses whatever my PJSIP is set to so I create my configuration files via OSS EPM and sure enough, still 5060.

So my question is, is there a way to get OSS EPM to specify a different port for phone registration?

Am I asking in the right place?

I’d try the commercial version of EPM but this is all a spec. job, I don’t know if they’re going to want to switch so I figured I’d start with OSS EPM because it is free.

I would like to know the answer to this too…did you find out?

A post was split to a new topic: Commercial EPM with Grandstream

You wouldn’t. Use the different server addresses to differentiate the service and use 5060 on both. The port numbers won’t compete (unless you are using some kind of NAT firewall in between) and even then, you can set up port redirection so that you still differentiate the ports on both servers.

Thanks for the quick response Dave. I ended up sticking with the 5160 port for chan_sip. I just created a new template and hardwired the port no. viz: reg.{$line}.server.1.port=“5160”. It suits what I need to do and it works fine. I am still curious to know where OSS Endpoint Manager actually gets “{$server_port}” from.