Opening Extension Config and Pressing Submit - Woops Error

Andrew, Lots of good input.

I think that it good to remember that there are many types of FreePBX/Asterisk users out here. The extremes are those of us with no Linux and current development platform experience who are just focused on having a computer based flexible VOIP phone system. The other end of the spectrum are those who have intense exposure to FreePBX technology and may have even modified it for their own special needs.

I am the former, a technologically experienced person in a small business without the luxury of diving into FPBX/* due to my other demands. This tilts my point of view toward needing FPBX/* to being reliable, straight forward to maintain and requiring as little diving into the overhead of Linux or other complexity as possible.

I represent a segment of the user base who is resistant to building skills outside of the FreePBX user interface, not because we can’t, because we are focused on other work and just want a phone system. Do not take this to mean we are depreciating your world. When I make suggestions like above, I am revealing my point of view not attacking the application. My comments on End Point are just that and meant precipitate consideration of the issue. It may be that having two versions of supported EP has not been considered and might make it easier to sell a lot more licenses for full EP due to ease of upgrade. As it is, going from OSS to EP is more difficult.

In addition, while I appreciate your detail on the origin of the problem, I don’t have as much time as some to follow posts and pick through announcements over time. For whatever reason, I have been unable to find clear information on your recommendations on the latest versions in order to judge when to make the upgrade.

So, I do often wonder what you guys are recommending we do and what we can expect. I would like to see a notice board with official news on releases. It would include, for example, the importance of and current recommendation on updates and any action items or admin changes which result.

Happy New Year, and Thanks Again