Office 365 Email config?

I need to setup email notify on this but for some reason I do not get an email. What am missing?

Off hand, I’d say (at a minimum) enough details that we know what you want to do.

email voicemail for one or any type of system alerts

What are you trying to do?
What have you done?
What did you expect to happen?
What actually happened?

You have to use the System Admin module for this.

Once you set this up, the PBX will be able to send emails from this account. If you are using Office365, then you will need to make sure that this account is called ‘asterisk@’ because that is what the PBX will try and send emails as - and if your account is anything else, then Office365 will reject the message.

the other option is, assuming your pbx has a static ip, is to set up a connector in office 365. this will allow your pbx to use office 365 as a relay server. if you don’t want to do that, then make sure you have rdns setup as well - otherwise all your email will show up as junk mail.

You can change the from address for voicemail to email under advanced settings

You can, but for whatever reason, asterisk does not obey this setting - it will still send out emails as from asterisk@

I actually have a dynamic IP but using dyn dns

In that case, just go with the simple solution and set up the sending account correctly.

what do you mean? The pbx is a static. The public IP is dynamic

Yes, but if the host address for your Office 365 installation is in a different network (accessed through your Dynamic IP address), the only way your 365 machine will know the IP address of your machine is through the DynDNS interaction.

Setting up the e-mail address so that it works is simpler than maintaining a lot of settings in two different places.