Missed Call Notification Module?

Thanks for the fast response Dicko.

Well said however I figured it out after thinking “If I don’t figure this out, Dicko is bound to make a comment…” and doing a bit of searching:

• I looked for where other modules were contained - /var/www/html/admin/modules
  • created a new folder ‘missedcallnotify’
  • set perms to match other folders
  • copied the 3 files in the .tgz archive into the new folder
  • Checked for new modules in FreePBX Module Admin
  • installed the now-visible MissedCallNotify module
  • Apply
    I’ll look at your link anyway, probably learn something from that too.

Then I ran into something which likely has to just be tolerated - aargh.
The module is reported as unsigned and FPBX throws the Security Warning. I did the ‘refreshsignatures’ thing but no dice.
Any ideas?

Thanks again,
The Guru :smile:

Freekin’ hilarious. :laughing: Never had I noticed the ‘Upload Modules’ button - until now!

Thank you for this module TSM! So the SVN version is currently the same as Release 0.5? Will 0.5 work with FreePBX 12?

Are there any serious regressions handled in your development repository or is it just new features?

It works with FPBX 12. Very simple to setup and configure

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

George [email protected] wrote:

[http://cdn.discourse.org/freepbx/user_avatar/community.freepbx.org/gedia/45/5822.png] gediahttp://community.freepbx.org/users/gedia Georgehttp://community.freepbx.org/users/gedia
May 13

Thank you for this module TSM! So the SVN version is currently the same as Release 0.5? Will 0.5 work with FreePBX 12?

Are there any serious regressions handled in your development repository or is it just new features?

To respond, reply to this email or visit Missed Call Notification Module? in your browser.

I’ve tested this on FPBX 12 and it does work.

However no notifications are sent out if an extension has follow-me enabled. Any ideas on how to work around this?

Well, technically the PBX isn’t missing the call if it’s ringing an external device.
Are you ‘Following’ to a cell phone or something external to the PBX?

The Guru
Richard Papasian

IT Consulting and Solutions Deployment
4924 Balboa Blvd #622
Encino, CA 91316
T: 818.618.8324
F: 818.609.7791
E: [email protected]mailto:[email protected]

1 Like

I’m using ringallv2 to ring:
a) The extension itself
b) An external destination (reachabe via a SIP Trunk)

However, I presumed that it should work if the caller hangs up before the callee picks up the call on either of the follow-me destinations.

There are some “sub-missedcallnotify” entries in the CEL, and both CDR entries resulting from the follow-me rule are registered with Disposition “NO ANSWER”…

What happens if you enable confirm calls in Follow Me, does that work for you?

SOLVED! It seems the module treats follow me as Ring Groups, so it will try to send the notification to a “Group Email Address” instead.

The problem is this is nowhere to be found in the GUI (configuring group email addresses, that is). Luckily there is a (now defunct) JIRA ticket explaining how to do this manually:

http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-4256

Just start the asterisk CLI:

rasterisk

And add the email addresses manually:

database put AMPGROUP EXT/email [email protected]

One only needs to replace EXT with the extension/ring group number and [email protected] with the email address the notifications will be sent out to…

To list current settings do:

database show AMPGROUP

To edit an entry, just add it again using “database put”

This will also work with Queues I believe (judging from output I’m getting on the asterisk console). Just use the Queue number instead of extension number when adding your AMPGROUP key:

database put AMPGROUP QUEUENUM/email [email protected]
1 Like

hi all,
i seted up Missed Call Notification and enabled in extension, but this script does invoke an a error:

-- Executing [s@sub-missedcallnotify:1] ExecIf("IAX2/201-514", "0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCall (novm) - 201 <201>" )") in new stack
[2016-05-19 13:11:36] WARNING[27281][C-00000b7f]: pbx.c:1618 pbx_exec: The application delimiter is now the comma, not the pipe.  Did you forget to convert your dialplan?  (ExecIf(0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCall (novm) - 201 <201>" )))
-- Executing [s@sub-missedcallnotify:2] ExecIf("IAX2/201-514", "0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCallGroup () - 201 <201>" )") in new stack
[2016-05-19 13:11:36] WARNING[27281][C-00000b7f]: pbx.c:1618 pbx_exec: The application delimiter is now the comma, not the pipe.  Did you forget to convert your dialplan?  (ExecIf(0?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCallGroup () - 201 <201>" )))

how to fix it?

well, i fix it by:

[sub-missedcallnotify]
;exten => s,1,ExecIf($["${DB(AMPUSER/${ORIGEXTTOCALL}/missedcallnotify/status)}"=="enabled" & ["${DIALSTATUS}" == "CANCEL" | "${DIALSTATUS}" == "BUSY" | "${DIALSTATUS}" == "NOANSWER"] & "${OUTBOUND_GROUP}" == "" & "${DIAL_TRUNK}" == "" $
;exten => s,n,ExecIf($["${DB_EXISTS(AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email)}"=="1" & "${DIALSTATUS}" == "CANCEL" & "${OUTBOUND_GROUP}" == "" & "${DIAL_TRUNK}" == "" & "${RingGroupMethod}" != "none"]?System(echo "" | mail -s "MissedCallGroup (${NODEST$
exten => s,1,ExecIf($["${DB(AMPUSER/${ORIGEXTTOCALL}/missedcallnotify/status)}"=="enabled" & ["${DIALSTATUS}" == "CANCEL" | "${DIALSTATUS}" == "BUSY" | "${DIALSTATUS}" == "NOANSWER"] & "${OUTBOUND_GROUP}" == "" & "${DIAL_TRUNK}" == "" &$
exten => s,n,ExecIf($["${DB_EXISTS(AMPGROUP/${NODEST}/email)}"=="1" & "${DIALSTATUS}" == "CANCEL" & "${OUTBOUND_GROUP}" == "" & "${DIAL_TRUNK}" == "" & "${RingGroupMethod}" != "none"]?System(echo "" , mail -s "MissedCallGroup (${NODEST}$

;--== end of [sub-missedcallnotify] ==--;

but emai has not been sended. imho, "mail -s " is incomleted for success.
what are you think about?

I would love to see some movement on this module for 10.13.66-13. I was able to change the delimiter as you did above, but still no email.
This feature would be very helpful to my organization.

I installed this module but it didn’t work
freepbx 12 asterisk 13.12.1

Hi,
I installed the module on freepbx 13 and it seems to work :

• for group calls i added the email address using the cli
  • for normal extension i enabled the module via web gui but it works only if the extension has the voicemail enabled

is it possible to have it working without having to enable the voicemail ?

thanks
Maurizio

Hi tunibbles,

Can you share where did you get the module, how did you install it?

Thanks.

I haven’t looked at the module very closely (as in I gave it a cursory glance) and since it seems to use the Voicemail logic to perform, I’m thinking it’s going to need a VM account to continue processing.

and of course having voicemail for an account dosn’t mean you hsve to use it :slight_smile:

I had this module installed, had some trouble with FM calls, uninstalled it.

I would add a feature to this module to differentiate between direct calls amd calls from a Queue/Ring Group. (we had a client that only wanted direct calls alerts)

That is the problem with the module and FreePBX dialplan. Calls from ring groups and queues are easier to solve but once you have follow me enabled missed call notifications become really hard. We started a module 2 years ago with all the controls and gave up as to many corner cases and @tm1000 was ready to kill me.

1 Like

Ouch.

But can’t you release a module, that will clearly say “Not supported for Follow Me calls”?

I think that unanswered Follow Me calls should be a next step… But at least we should have an option to get alerts for standard users.

Thanks