Minor issue with upgrade to Framework 12.0.1beta17

I have PIAF black running Asterisk and FreePBX 12 on a Digital Ocean droplet. Today I used the GUI to upgrade from Framework 12.0.1beta16 to beta 17 along with one other module, I forget which. When Framework was installed, hitting the reload bar gave this error:

PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Unable to start GPG' in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php:312
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php(58): GPG->runGPG('--verify /var/w...')
#1 /var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulefunctions.class.php(1277): GPG->verifyFile('/var/www/html/a...')
#2 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(151): module_functions->download('fw_langpacks', false, 'download_progre...', false, false)
#3 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(261): doDownload('fw_langpacks', false)
#4 /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin(833): doInstallAll(false)
#5 {main}
  thrown in /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/GPG.class.php on line 312

There didn’t seem to be anything I could do to make FreePBX reload, until I disabled “Check Module Signature” in Advanced settings and did a reload via CLI. After that, all is fine, I can re-enable Module signatures or disable without causing this error again.

So if you turn it back on its fine?

Seems like a random fluke to me hard to pinpoint and narrow down the problem. I haven’t run into the can’t start error yet so I have nothing to go on. Usually the error will be gpg check failed. Can’t start is a system level issue whereas the system is preventing the binary from being executed.

As long as it’s fine now I’m going to have to just move along. Nothing to check now.