Migrate Voice Mail account to different extension

Some of my users will get a new extension. Their current extension will be removed. I however would want to move their voice mail accounts over to the new extension, without them having to set up their vm greetings, etc. again. Voice mails should also be preserved and moved over.
Is there a way to do that?

The voicemail box content are located at /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/‘context’/NNNN where ‘context’ is usually “default” that content is are also softlinked to /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/NNNN. Pragmatically you can usually forget about the softlinking, unless you are using UCP

Thanks.
Let’s say I wanted to move vm greetings from extension 1000 to extension 2000.
I would copy contents of /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1000 to /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2000. Correct?
Anything else I have to do?

I would use

rsync -nav --delete /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/1000/ /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2000

when it looks right, take out the -n

then symlink /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/2000 to /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/device/2000.

Trying this.
Contents are copied.

Under voice mail admin I still see “unactivated” for the new extension and calling it it won’t play the new greeting.

Ideas?

From bash

rasterisk -x ‘voicemail reload’

Thanks dicko, worked.
Only thing, the greeting won’t play despite being in /var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/
I only get the default unavailable message.

welll if it’s permissions then

amportal a r

if that don’e work paste a log of a call.