Line Label/ BLF Help

So I have Grandstream GXP2140 phones. I configured my template with EPM and was able to get all my phones going. I am using Device and User mode so I can have multiple phones ring the same line. The issue I have is all my phones will ring, but if I answer on one phone all other phones show that line available and will also ring if another call comes through. Below is how I have my Template setup and extension mapping setup. Not sure if I have it setup wrong or if others can let me know how to do it right.

That is 100% correct. Neither FreePBX not Asterisk supports shared line which would show the line key in use across all the phones.

Is there any other way to do this. I was reading something about sip subscriptions but not sure if that was related. A lot of the stuff out there is old documentation.

Not sure what happened but rchase had replied with this:
Untested workaround: What about having each line ring to a FreePBX QUEUE

Example

ALL INCOMING CALLS --> QUEUE_LINE1
This QUEUE_LINE1 would ring all of the line 1 extensions, but the queue would be set to MAX CALLERS = 1

If a second call comes in, it would fail over to QUEUE_LINE2 as configured in QUEUE_LINE1 settings.

QUEUE_LINE2 Rings all the line 2 extensions, but also has MAX CALLERS = 1, and fails over to QUEUE_LINE3,

this continues until you want a 5th call for example to go to voicemail or something

However, LINE1 will never be able to be clicked and picked up by someone else like other PBXs. To emulate the functionality of being able to pick up Line 1 anywhere, I recommend setting up Call Parking

Really though, there is no need for this. What requirement do you have? and lets figure out how to make it work without shared line functionality

Yeah the forum crashed the other day after my reply. Glad you got it. What do you think about that

Well I haven’t got it working yet. I am on device and user mode so when I tried setting it up with that, it did not work. I will try next to change it to extension mode and see if it works. I know you said there is no requirement for this so let me explain what my client is trying to do. They are going to have 3 people/phones in the front. 2 of those 3 people/phones will be the first point of the contact when an incoming call comes in. If 1 of those 2 answers then the next call would go to that 2nd person. If both of them are on the line then it would go to the 3rd person in the front. But if the 3 of them were on the line then it would go to 4 additional phones which are users/phones in offices. But they would also like to be able to answer calls in the offices during off season as they are seasonal and during off season there is no one in the front so if a call comes in during off season they would like to be able to answer from their office. Hope it makes since.

Perfect! I have just the solution for you and shared lines are not needed.

You need a Queue with Dynamic Agents.

Dynamic Agents can log into or out of the Queue. you can program the Queue to Skip Busy Agents (skip anyone on the phone)

It works like this,

Call 1 comes into the queue, the queue rings all available agents. Agent 1 picks up and the queue stops ringing other agents. Call 2 comes in, rings all agents except Agent 1. Agent 2 picks up.

This continues until no other agents are available and then you can have it fail over to a voicemail box or something.

As for your problem with sometimes needing people to answer incoming calls/seasonal, they can log in at anytime that they are needed to answer incoming calls, and log out when they are not needed.

The log in/out is a Feature Code # like *123. So I have it programmed as a speed dial on all my phones with the label “Hunt Group” and agents log in and out of it.

Here’s how to program it:

• Go to Application > Queues
  • Create a new Queue
  • Add ALL your extensions to “Dynamic Members” (or anyone who might ever answer an incoming call)
  • You could select “Skip Busy Agents: Yes”, but this will not allow someone to take more than 1 incoming call at a time
  • Set your Fail Over Destination (voicemail box or whatever if all agents are busy/dont answer)
  • Go to Connectivity > Inbound Routes to send incoming calls to the Queue

To log into the Queue from one of your Dynamic extensions, dial “45QUE_NUMBER” for example, – dial 45199 to log in or out of Q 199

Also, I have my login/logout button on my phones programmed as a BLF - it turns red when logged in, turns green when logged out.

For your front desk agents, they can stay logged in 24/7 and just have your seasonal agents log in when they need to.

I reread your comment, and I see your complication with wanting to ring one group of people, then the next, then the next

You could handle this with

QUEUE1 – Front Desk 1, 2
QUEUE 2 – Front Desk 3
QUEUE 3 – Office Worker 4,5,6,7

This would never have been a possibility with a real “Shared Line” anyways because shared lines ring everyone simultaneously.

But keep in mind the amount of ring time that this could cause for someone who calls in –

They wait 20 seconds, no one answers Que1, they wait 20 seconds, no one answers Que2, then they wait another 20seconds for Que3 before FINALLY hitting a voicemail box.

This would be unacceptable for my clients to wait this long. Just something to consider

I still recommend Dynamic Member Queues because of the flexibility either way

Yes I like the way your first comment with Dynamic Queue is set up. Would you recommend me stay on user and device mode or to move it back to Extensions mode and then just have 1 extension per phone.

I have no experience with EPM :confused: maybe someone else will comment on that. For my PBX’s I configured the phones and PBX separately.