Keep alert info over a forwarded call

I set the inbound route “alert info” field for a distinctive ring actually working ok on route destination (simply an extension - ip phone)
If i set as inbound route destination a Misc Destination dialing a remote pbx extension (via iax trunk) , this last one rings but “alert info” field is ignored , or probably is not passed through a misc destination / trunk
Is there any way to achieve this ??
Thank you

The alert info is part of the SIP header when a call is sent to an endpoint. Once you send the call over the IAX trunk all the SIP headers are lost unless you use custom dialplan to preserve them. I have done this in the past using macro-dialout-trunk-predial-hook and a corresponding context at the far end to decode and reset the header(s). Not exactly simple, but if you have budget for this we can assist in paid support. See this post for similar concept using Caller ID:

Once you send the call over the IAX trunk all the SIP headers are lost"

Thank you, This if enough to clarify…

Any other “simple” method to let me know my phone is ringing because of “site B” forwarded call rather than “local extensions” one ??

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.