In need of a little help with my outbound rules

Hello people,

I have just signed up as i have setup my FreePBX system. Now here is my reason for posting, i have been trying to work this issue out but carnt seam to get it working.

I would like to be able to stop all extentsions from being able to dial cell/mobile and premiume rate nubers. The numbers i dont want any extention to be able to dial start with 07, 0845, 090 and 0870 and the others i would like them to be able to dial start with 01, 02 and 03.

Hope someone can help me with this as im banging my head against a brick wall trying to work out how this is done lol.

Regards

I have an outbound Route with the following080[08]XXXXXXX 0[1234]XXXXXXXXX NXXXXXX

This allows standard STD calls, local calls and 0800 or 0808 numbers only.

I have not registered my SIP line for emergency calls as another route handles that, but you should probably allow for 999 as well.

For my Trunk Dial Rules I have 0+ZXXXXXXXXX 0121+ZXXXXXX to allow for local dialling for my 0121 area code. Obviously change the 0121 to suit your location.

Just put this in your outbound route (assuming you use 9 to access an outside line):

9|01.
9|02.
9|03.

That’s it.

If you don’t use 9:

If an extension dials anything else they’ll get “Your call cannot be completed as dialed…”

Hello all :wink:

Thanks for all your kind replys and advice. Next question for those numbers i do not want called is there a way to send them to a polite message saying it wasnt allowed instead of the current “This call can not be compleated as dialed” ? it would be great if its possible if i could be told how this is done. Once again thanks so much in advance.

Warmest Regards

Yes, make a final outbound route at the bottom of the list with a wildcard “.” to catch all remaining calls and send it to an announcement which plays your customized recording.

You could also change the Allison “This call can not be compleated as dialed” recording, but I wouldn’t recommend it.

So is there a way of sending them to a polite message or am i stuck with this default female voice? i would like to change it if its at all possible :wink: im from the UK and it doesnt sound very good when an american voice comes on. As nice as her voice is for me my end-users wont feel comfitable with it.

So if you could tell me where im to find this default recording so i can record my own. that would be super.

The documentation for recording announcements can be found at http://www.freepbx.org/support/documentation/module-documentation/announcements

Thanks for yoir responce sir. I know how to record an annoucment. I just dont know how to get the denied outbound dials to recorded message.