How to install contributed modules in Freepbx Distro? H323

Hi guys, i have a question, i want to install the module H323, i read in http://issues.freepbx.org/browse/FREEPBX-5746 that is available, i download the master.zip but when i extract and unpackage again in format tar.gz and install localy I receive an error message
The following error(s) occurred processing the uploaded file:

File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/uninstall.php
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/images/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/images/arrow_up_down.png
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/js/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/js/h323.js
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/js/iaxsettings.js
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/css/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/assets/css/h323.css
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/install.php
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/module.xml
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/page.h323.php
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/i18n/
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/i18n/h323.pot
File extracting to invalid location: h323-master/functions.inc.php

What will be the correct name for the module? https://github.com/FreePBX-ContributedModules/h323

Best regards

Hi I solved, I changed the unziped folder name h323-master to h323, and i check the module.xml the version that has 2.10… i run tar -cvzf h323-2.10.0.1.tar.gz h323, i uploaded and works great i see that use h323 not ooh323 then i will search how to install and ready. I hope that help otheres :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Word of note here, in FreePBX 12 you can just upload the tarball as is direct from github (and you don’t even have to download it, you can just provide the link to the zip). You don’t have to run all the extra commands. :smile:

Hi tm1000 a question freepbx12 works with asterisk 11? Another question i try to use the ooh323.so but says something like [2014-08-22 10:41:47] WARNING[6122]: loader.c:840 inspect_module: Module ‘chan_ooh323.so’ was not compiled with the same compile-time options as this version of Asterisk, i downloaded the sources select and make install but same result, any suggestion? THanks

Yes sir.

You’d have to clear out all modules in Asterisk and recompile the whole shebang. Meaning all of Asterisk and it’s modules (I say to previously delete them for sanity sakes)

1 Like

Thanks bro, the compiled modules use the lib folder i use ./configure --libdir=/usr/lib64 to rewrite the originals on my distribution, do you know if are any version of openh323 for freepbx distro?

About my last question ooh323.so is loaded
Loaded chan_ooh323.so
== Parsing ‘/etc/asterisk/ooh323.conf’: Found
– == Setting default context to default
== Registered channel type ‘OOH323’ (Objective Systems H323 Channel Driver)
== Registered RTP glue 'OOH323’
Loaded chan_ooh323.so => (Objective Systems H323 Channel)
localhost*CLI>

Theres any module for ooh323 to configure via gui the extensions? I see that are for open h323, regards