How to access freepbx outside your network

I have freepbx and a have a domain name that I want to link to freepbx so people out side my network can use the soft phone to make and receive calls any ideas how to setup with a domain?

Thanks.

You do not need nor generally should, allow random access to FreePBX. To allow external phones to register and use Asterisk. then allow and direct from those hosts UDP 5060 (SIP signalling) and UDP 10000-20000 (rtp media, i.e. audio) through your firewall (these are the defaults) and your NAT settings on the server need to agree with how you have set up your network. Your domain name needs to resolve to an IP address that will so route those connections. The documentation

covers pretty well all of that, You should read it.

Does freePBX make a book ?

Set up your router with port mapping. 1. select your freepbx server ip address as the destination address and the external ports 5060-5064 assuming you use sip and also the same as internal ports 5060-5064. Use your adsl accounts’ dydns address (assuming you make use of a service that provides a dydns address that constantly checks that router’s wan IP) on that router and set it as your registrar host on the soft phone as well as port 5060 or 5064 for secure rtp and then the desired extension details. Hope it helps

when I want to setup the soft phone out of my network do I then do [email protected] ?

I guess you you could print out the Documentation. That would be a fair sized book :wink:

ext:secrete@domain:5060 example: 200:[email protected]:5060
the :5060 is sometimes unnecessary but I would rather add it to ensure you use port 5060

That would depend on your soft phone, they themselves normally have documentation also.

Which soft phone are you using?

I am using QuteCom & X-Lite

When I try to add ext:secrete@domain:5060 I get an error Account failed to enable.

On the XiLite soft phone all you need to fill in is the user ID = sip ext number, domain=dydns:5060 example [myaccount.dnsalias.com:5060], password= extension secrete, display name= any thing you like, authentication name= sip extension number

I am using no-ip so do I do mynumber:mydomainname.com:5060 is that right ?

All you need to add in your soft phone as I said before is your registrar domain and that will be your asterisk ip or in your your ddns you got from no-ip [for example mydomainname.com:5060], you also need to add your authentication username that would be your extension number for example 100, you also need to add a secret for that account and that will be your extension secrete you created in freepbx.

can someone help me I been trying to port forward the port but its not working I get an error message:

Input Errors

Conflicting Port Forwarding Rules: The Destination Ports Any service conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering Hola service.
Conflicting Port Forwarding Rules: The Destination Ports Any service conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering HTTP service.
Conflicting Port Forwarding Rules: The Destination Ports Any service conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering Destination Ports 8080 service.
Conflicting Port Forwarding Rules: The Destination Ports Any service conflict with an existing port forwarding rule offering Destination Ports 8081 service.
Invalid rule: Port 4567 cannot be blocked